A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

World CarFree Day



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 11th 09, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,927
Default World CarFree Day

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.

"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in the
streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the world
that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."

http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/3344...791?m=6d54c0aa
http://www.facebook.com/worldcarfreeday

--
Car Free Cities
http://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.
Ads
  #2  
Old September 11th 09, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 566
Default World CarFree Day

On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:
I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.

"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in the
streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the world
that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."

http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...orldcarfreeday

--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.



I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to celebrate.
I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air
  #3  
Old September 12th 09, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,927
Default World CarFree Day

On 11 Sep, 18:05, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.


"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in the
streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the world
that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."


http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...om/causes/3344...


--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.


I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to celebrate.
I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air

You will be OK because hardly anyone in the UK is aware of CFD, or
wants to be aware.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.
  #4  
Old September 12th 09, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 139
Default World CarFree Day

Doug wrote in
:

On 11 Sep, 18:05, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.


"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in
the streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the
world that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."


http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...om/causes/3344
...


--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.


I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to
celebrate. I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air

You will be OK because hardly anyone in the UK is aware of CFD, or
wants to be aware.


Thanks for telling me as I'll be taking my 3.2 litre V6 out for a long spin
on September 22nd to celebrate.
  #5  
Old September 12th 09, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,715
Default World CarFree Day

Doug wrote:
On 11 Sep, 18:05, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.
"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in the
streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the world
that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...om/causes/3344...
--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.

I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to celebrate.
I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air

You will be OK because hardly anyone in the UK is aware of CFD, or
wants to be aware.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.


So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?

--

Tony Dragon
  #6  
Old September 12th 09, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,237
Default World CarFree Day

Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 11 Sep, 18:05, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.
"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in
the streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the
world that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...om/causes/3344...
--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.
I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to
celebrate. I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air

You will be OK because hardly anyone in the UK is aware of CFD, or
wants to be aware.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.


So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?


Will you be ringing the bell?


  #7  
Old September 12th 09, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,715
Default World CarFree Day

Brimstone wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 11 Sep, 18:05, Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 11 Sep, 07:06, Doug wrote:

I know that here in the UK World Carfree day will pass virtually
unnoticed as usual, due no doubt to our national pathological
obsession with cars, but for those who might possibly be interested
here is some information.
"Every September 22, people from around the world get together in
the streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the
world that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society."
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/htt...om/causes/3344...
--
Car Free Citieshttp://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.
I'll take my Porsche for a fifty mile jaunt that evening to
celebrate. I love the smell of burning V-Power in the evening air

You will be OK because hardly anyone in the UK is aware of CFD, or
wants to be aware.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?


Will you be ringing the bell?



That is extremely likely.

--

Tony Dragon
  #8  
Old September 12th 09, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,237
Default World CarFree Day

Tony Dragon wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:


So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?


Will you be ringing the bell?


That is extremely likely.


Have fun.


  #9  
Old September 14th 09, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,927
Default World CarFree Day

On 12 Sep, 10:35, "Brimstone" wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?


Will you be ringing the bell?


That is extremely likely.


Have fun.

Update for London.
"LONDON NEIGHBOURHOODS WITHOUT CARS - WHY NOT? Green between the grey

How it will happen

1.5 million adults in London live without a car. Imagine how life
would improve if cars were removed from parts of the city, where
people could live free from traffic, where children could play round
their homes, like they always used to. Would you like to live in such
a neighbourhood, or even help to design it?

Does this sound unrealistic? Utopian? Did you know that some European
cities are already doing it?

* How does it work?
* How do people live without cars?
* Could it ever happen here?

london.carfree, supported by the organisations below, is organising
two public meetings to help answer these questions and to create a
London Carfree Association to start working to make this possible,
here in London...

....Whether you are looking for quiet streets to bring up your kids,
free from the danger of traffic, or whether you're simply not prepared
to have other people's vehicles choking up your road, london.carfree
will demonstrate to developers and authorities that there is huge
demand for building a complete new neighbourhood with parking and cars
away from people's front doors...

Mo
http://www.london.carfree.org.uk/
  #10  
Old September 14th 09, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
oldMaxim
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 147
Default World CarFree Day

On 14 Sep, 05:06, Doug wrote:
On 12 Sep, 10:35, "Brimstone" wrote: Tony Dragon wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
So I will be allowed to use the 5.9lt Dennis then?


Will you be ringing the bell?


That is extremely likely.


Have fun.


Update for London.
"LONDON NEIGHBOURHOODS WITHOUT CARS - WHY NOT? Green between the grey

How it will happen

1.5 million adults in London live without a car. Imagine how life
would improve if cars were removed from parts of the city, where
people could live free from traffic, where children could play round
their homes, like they always used to. Would you like to live in such
a neighbourhood, or even help to design it?

Does this sound unrealistic? Utopian? Did you know that some European
cities are already doing it?

* * * How does it work?
* * * How do people live without cars?
* * * Could it ever happen here?

london.carfree, supported by the organisations below, is organising
two public meetings to help answer these questions and to create a
London Carfree Association to start working to make this possible,
here in London...

...Whether you are looking for quiet streets to bring up your kids,
free from the danger of traffic, or whether you're simply not prepared
to have other people's vehicles choking up your road, london.carfree
will demonstrate to developers and authorities that there is huge
demand for building a complete new neighbourhood with parking and cars
away from people's front doors...

Mohttp://www.london.carfree.org.uk/


.....just so long as the rest of the country doesn't end up subsidising
another of our capitals crackpot schemes then go ahead, personally I
think you're all mad to live on that side of the M25 anyway ;-)

Cheers

Mac
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
London Carfree Doug[_3_] UK 4 September 5th 09 07:19 AM
New Carfree Blogosphere! Doug[_3_] UK 0 July 1st 09 12:57 PM
Carfree Sundays [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 March 27th 07 12:46 AM
September 22 - World CarFree Day cfsmtb Australia 8 September 23rd 05 05:28 AM
Arrrr! It be Talk Like a CarFree Day! cfsmtb Australia 4 September 16th 05 12:06 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.