cycle rage

Old November 5th 10, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default cycle rage

someone posted this on UK legal. I reckon that the woman was not a pure
cyclist (she had stopped at lights after all) This act enraged another
cyclist who rammed her with his bike to teach her a lesson. Police are
appealing for witnesses. I bet that a stake out of that area at the same
sort of time of day would soon find the thuglist.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...l/article.html

Old November 5th 10, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Nov 5, 6:23*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
someone posted this on UK legal. *I reckon that the woman was not a pure
cyclist (she had stopped at lights after all) *This act enraged another
cyclist who rammed her with his bike to teach her a lesson. *Police are
appealing for witnesses. *I bet that a stake out of that area at the same
sort of time of day would soon find the thuglist.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...knocked-bike-c...

Another typical psycholist! I note that the woman suffered facial
injuries, so she must has struck her head as she fell off, but isn't
this impossible according to certain posters on this newsgroups?

Derek C
Old November 6th 10, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Car rage

On Nov 5, 6:23*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
someone posted this on UK legal. *I reckon that the woman was not a pure
cyclist (she had stopped at lights after all) *This act enraged another
cyclist who rammed her with his bike to teach her a lesson. *Police are
appealing for witnesses. *I bet that a stake out of that area at the same
sort of time of day would soon find the thuglist.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...knocked-bike-c...

Yes this is similar to the many deliberate tailgating collisions which
motorists inflict on each other, except that they cannot 'fall off'
though the lack of a helmet might put them at risk. Oh wait! Don't
motorists suffer neck injuries instead as their heads bounce off the
headrests into that inflatable balloon thingy while the body is
restrained by a so-called 'safety belt'?

Of course, when a cyclist is hit by a speeding car it is much more
serious and I doubt that even a helmet would save them.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old November 6th 10, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
[...]

airbags do not (should not) operate if the car is hit from behind.

The case in question was a cyclist using his bicycle as a weapon to strike
at another cyclist.

Old November 6th 10, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 06/11/2010 07:15, Doug wrote:
On Nov 5, 6:23 pm, wrote:
[...]

Add car safety systems to the things Doug knows nothing about.

--
Tony Dragon
Old November 6th 10, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old November 7th 10, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Nov 6, 7:57*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

So instead the head crashes onto the steering wheel after bouncing off
the headrest and breaking the neck?

The case in question was a cyclist using his bicycle as a weapon to strike
at another cyclist.

In much the same way as a motorist might do against another motorist.
Your point if you have one?

-- .

Old November 7th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
[...]

If the neck is broken it makes little difference, but (steering wheel)
airbags are designed to only operate if the vehicle hits something in front
of it.

The case in question was a cyclist using his bicycle as a weapon to
strike at another cyclist.

In much the same way as a motorist might do against another motorist.
Your point if you have one?

I have never seen a motorist pick his vehicle off the road and strike
another car with it, no. It could even be reasonably construed as the
cyclist carrying an offensive weapon.

I take it you condone the cyclist's actions against the lady cyclist?

yet another cycle rage incident. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 21 October 6th 10 08:10 AM
Cycle rage in Brisbane? Bill the Cat Australia 2 April 17th 08 04:34 AM
Path rage. (The Age article) 'Path rage' jogger offers victim$10,000 Friday Australia 4 June 30th 06 11:46 PM
Cycle Rage [email protected] Racing 0 March 11th 06 01:11 AM
Rage Rage against the crappy weather Maggie General 10 January 17th 05 06:46 PM