yet more cycle rage

Old March 25th 11, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default yet more cycle rage

once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance. I
actually hope some relatives of the injured woman can find this scumbag
cyclist and explain the error of his ways.

"When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before cycling
off."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-12867156

Old March 26th 11, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 25, 9:55*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance. *I
actually hope some relatives of the injured woman can find this scumbag
cyclist and explain the error of his ways.

"When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before cycling
off."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-12867156

Do you hope those relatives will, for example, punch him in the face
and drive off? That wouldn't be right, would it?
Old March 26th 11, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/03/2011 21:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance. I
actually hope some relatives of the injured woman can find this scumbag
cyclist and explain the error of his ways.

"When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before cycling
off."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-12867156

Police said the 29-year-old was driving her Volkswagen Golf on the A8
at around 1715 GMT on Thursday when she became involved in a row with
a man on a bike.

Officers said the woman thought she had collided with him and pulled
over. When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before
cycling off.

So, driver thinks she may have collided with someone & is honest enough
to stop - cyclist punches her in the face.

The woman suffered a punctured eardrum as a result of the attack.

Detectives from Lothian and Borders Police are reviewing CCTV footage
from the area near to the RBS bridge, in a bid to identify the cyclist.

He is described as being white, between 30 to 35 years old, and of
athletic build.

What a shame he didn't have a registration numbner clearly displayed.

He was wearing dark or purple leggings with neon flashes on the side,
a black and grey helmet, and he was riding what has been described as
a hybrid-type bike.

Oh well, that should identify him.

A police spokesperson said: "This has been a vicious attack on a woman
who has been left with a perforated ear drum as a result.

"We know the road was busy at the time, and would appeal for anyone
who may have seen what happened, or who may recognise the description
of the cyclist, to get in touch.

"In addition, we would appeal directly to the cyclist himself to
contact us so we can fully establish the circumstances."

No ****ing chance of that.

Another example of why scumbag cyclists should be regulated.

Old March 26th 11, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 26, 12:38*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

What a shame he didn't have a registration numbner clearly displayed.

Isn't that what you get from sitting on a saddle for long periods?

--
Simon Mason
Old March 26th 11, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

On 25/03/2011 21:55, Mrcheerful wrote:

once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance.

They've all been tried, and they failed - on motorists.

--
Matt B
Old March 26th 11, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 26/03/2011 10:24, Matt B wrote:

On 25/03/2011 21:55, Mrcheerful wrote:

once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance.

They've all been tried, and they failed - on motorists.

When are they due to be scrapped?
Old March 26th 11, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper

On 25/03/2011 21:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
once again showing the need for licencing, registration and insurance. I
actually hope some relatives of the injured woman can find this scumbag
cyclist and explain the error of his ways.

"When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before cycling
off."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-12867156

“Officers said the woman thought she had collided with him and pulled
over. When she got out of her car the man hit her in the face before
cycling off.” A bit of an overreaction on the cyclists part, but
understandable perhaps.

I guy I know had similar experience when he showed two fingers to
another driver, who “cut him up”. The guy stopped, got out the car,
punched him through the open window, got back in the car and drove off.
This behaviour is certainly not particular to cyclists.

On another occasion I witnessed a similar incident to the one described
in the article. People present cheered the cyclist and then he rode off.

Old March 26th 11, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 26/03/2011 10:48, Simon Weaseltemper wrote:

[...]

Oh, in that case, it is perfectly alright and in fact, probably to be
commended and encouraged.

Or something.

On another occasion I witnessed a similar incident to the one described in
the article. People present cheered the cyclist and then he rode off.

I was there and saw it too. FX: rolls eyes
Old March 26th 11, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper

On 26/03/2011 11:03, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I can’t say I agree with you here but I respect your opinion on this.
Violence should never be condoned although can be understandable. Not so
much for the driver in a rage because some gave him a vee sign, but for
the cyclist who may have been hit.

On another occasion I witnessed a similar incident to the one
described in
the article. People present cheered the cyclist and then he rode off.

I was there and saw it too.

It was probably a different occasion.

cycle rage Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 7 November 7th 10 11:41 AM
Cycle rage!! Over to you Doug....... Doug[_8_] UK 5 November 6th 10 10:57 AM
yet another cycle rage incident. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 21 October 6th 10 08:10 AM
Cycle rage in Brisbane? Bill the Cat Australia 2 April 17th 08 04:34 AM
Cycle Rage [email protected] Racing 0 March 11th 06 01:11 AM