Freezing Hull

Old December 29th 11, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Freezing Hull

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

--
Simon Mason

Old December 29th 11, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 06:23:31 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

Perhasp they have sold out.

"PUPILS had a lucky escape when a double-decker on the morning school run
demolished a bus shelter. The bus had been on its way to Beverley's Longcroft
School when it hit a patch of black ice."

We all had a right big chuckle when we saw that the temperature in Hull and
surrounding district was below zero and you had once again shown that you were
the village idiot.

Old December 30th 11, 02:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 29, 6:23*am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 17th 12, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 30 2011, 2:04*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:23*am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

Had to break the ice on our garden ponds yesterday as it had dipped
well below freezing.
Now it is minus 3C so I will need to get well wrapped for my 12 mile
walk to get my hair cut at 0830 today.
--
Simon Mason

Old January 17th 12, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 17/01/2012 06:15, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 30 2011, 2:04 am, Simon wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:23 am, "Simon
wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

Had to break the ice on our garden ponds yesterday as it had dipped
well below freezing.
Now it is minus 3C so I will need to get well wrapped for my 12 mile
walk to get my hair cut at 0830 today.

Nice to see the mullet is still in fashion in Hull.

University
Old January 17th 12, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

Had to break the ice on our garden ponds yesterday as it had dipped
well below freezing.
Now it is minus 3C so I will need to get well wrapped for my 12 mile
walk to get my hair cut at 0830 today.

As fascinating as ever.

Old January 17th 12, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

Had to break the ice on our garden ponds yesterday as it had dipped
well below freezing.
Now it is minus 3C so I will need to get well wrapped for my 12 mile
walk to get my hair cut at 0830 today.

Nice to see the mullet is still in fashion in Hull.

He could perhaps give us a photo of the haddock and the mullet side by side.

Old January 17th 12, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

wrote:

New Year's Day is set to be 12C believe it or not.
I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw that Waitrose had cleared all of
their deicer from the checkout area and Spring stuff was being displayed
instead.

It is currently 10C and slated to be a balmy 14C on New Years Day.
All of the Spring bulbs are out in the shops amd there are no deicers
to be found at all.

Had to break the ice on our garden ponds yesterday as it had dipped
well below freezing.
Now it is minus 3C so I will need to get well wrapped for my 12 mile
walk to get my hair cut at 0830 today.
--
Simon Mason

Would have needed the de-icer yesterday if only the car would have
started. Even if I can't find a can of de-icer I have magnesium
chloride which should work. If ever the washer 'water' should freeze
on the windscreen I'll use a magnesium solution for that. Seems a
lot cheaper than the special heated windscreens.
Old January 17th 12, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

wrote:

[...]

Have you considered using warm dihydrogen monoxide? That's fairly cheap
these days and leaves little residue.

Old January 17th 12, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

wrote:

[...]

The washer line has already been re-routed to pass over the valve
cover. It still freezes. Making it any warmer could risk cracking
the windscreen. Dihydrgen monoxide also has a common side-effect of
reducing brake efficiency so must be used in small amounts to prevent
serious contamination of brake pads. The addition of magnesium
chloride will limit the requirements of dihydrogen monoxide in
clearing windscreen snow and frost without risking sheet ice and
wiper sticking.

Freezing Hull Judith[_4_] UK 71 December 23rd 11 02:31 AM
From Global Freezing to Global Freezing: Timeline of the GlobalWarming Fraud Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 0 February 3rd 10 03:06 PM
Freezing Weather Cadseen General 3 December 13th 08 07:21 AM
STI shifters freezing Mark Heiple Techniques 5 December 9th 06 03:59 AM
OT Freezing weather Adrian Boliston UK 3 June 24th 04 02:38 PM