Cycling Saves Lives

Old September 14th 17, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Cycling Saves Lives

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.
Old September 15th 17, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 14/09/2017 22:21, Simon Jester wrote:

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

He was also a pedestrian who invented GPS.
He was also a car driver who invented GPS.
He was also a public transport user who invented GPS.

---

Old September 15th 17, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
paul george

On Friday, 15 September 2017 09:05:26 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 14/09/2017 22:21, Simon Jester wrote:

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

He was also a pedestrian who invented GPS.
He was also a car driver who invented GPS.
He was also a public transport user who invented GPS.

The phrase
'Hook, line, sinker, keep net, rod, landing net, thermos, sandwiches and copy of Angling Times' comes to mind.
Old September 15th 17, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 2:14:05 PM UTC+1, Paul George wrote:
On Friday, 15 September 2017 09:05:26 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 14/09/2017 22:21, Simon Jester wrote:

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

He was also a pedestrian who invented GPS.
He was also a car driver who invented GPS.
He was also a public transport user who invented GPS.

The phrase
'Hook, line, sinker, keep net, rod, landing net, thermos, sandwiches and copy of Angling Times' comes to mind.

Do Fish Spotters like Tony Dragon have books listing all species of fish so they can tick them off like Car Spotters?

Old September 15th 17, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 15/09/2017 15:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 2:14:05 PM UTC+1, Paul George wrote:
On Friday, 15 September 2017 09:05:26 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 14/09/2017 22:21, Simon Jester wrote:

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

He was also a pedestrian who invented GPS.
He was also a car driver who invented GPS.
He was also a public transport user who invented GPS.

The phrase
'Hook, line, sinker, keep net, rod, landing net, thermos, sandwiches and copy of Angling Times' comes to mind.

Do Fish Spotters like Tony Dragon have books listing all species of fish so they can tick them off like Car Spotters?

It's not my plaice to do that, I shall carry on driving my turbot
charged car with my old trout beside me. Yesterday we went to the races
at Haddock Park, but the bookies are reel sharks, I had problems
understanding them due to my herring problem. I could carp on about the
problems I had later, I could not get into my safe(never buy a chub). On
the way home we listened to the radio in the car, and turned the bass up
high, Jack Dempsey was playing he's a dab hand with the guitar.
When I got home I just perch on my chair, floundered around and listened
to a load of pollocks on the tv.

---

Old September 16th 17, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On Friday, 15 September 2017 09:05:26 UTC+1, Tony DragonĀ* wrote:
[...]

:-)

The first time I ever saw this sign (see below), in Nashville, TN, I
thought it was a music shop:

https://dynl.mktgcdn.com/p/_iGzJNxZ4...FU/600x356.jpg

[completely SFW]

Old September 16th 17, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 10:21:37 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

I used a Garmin GPS III in 1996.
Old September 17th 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

Watching Ambulance on BBC.
The control room were able to use GPS to route a doctor to an ambulance.
All thanks to the cyclist who invented GPS.

Crikey - what was his name?