Vuelta vs. the Tour

Old September 23rd 18, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
OccasionalFlyer

Default Vuelta vs. the Tour

I keep seeing that the TdF is treated as the best stage race each year. There is no way that the TdF requires as much as the Vuelta a Espana. I remember hearing Phil Liggett commenting on how hard a TdF stage would be because it would have a climb with a 10% gradient. i agree that 10% is challenging, at least it was for me. However, 10% is insignificant compared to several climbs in the Vuelta a Espana this year. So why isn't the hardest stage race more noteworthy?
Old September 25th 18, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_15_]

Default Vuelta vs. the Tourtatuins

On 09/23/2018 03:50 PM, OccasionalFlyer wrote:
I keep seeing that the TdF is treated as the best stage race each year. There is no way that the TdF requires as much as the Vuelta a Espana. I remember hearing Phil Liggett commenting on how hard a TdF stage would be because it would have a climb with a 10% gradient. i agree that 10% is challenging, at least it was for me. However, 10% is insignificant compared to several climbs in the Vuelta a Espana this year. So why isn't the hardest stage race more noteworthy?

Advertising-Public Expectations, Tradition, Time of Year, Place on
calandar [Vuelta historically ran in April, remember] Travel [kids are
out of school for Tour]

Kindest regard
Davey
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/dailypic/

Tour and Vuelta Postponed Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 1 May 26th 11 04:35 PM
Vuelta 2009, Giro 2010, Tour 2010, Worlds 2012 Susan Walker Racing 10 September 24th 09 07:22 PM
Delta/Capitol Tour ride stories [3 Day Tour] - long Ravi Rides 0 June 20th 08 06:37 PM
Giro, Vuelta, Le Tour Brendo Australia 2 February 24th 07 04:19 AM
Where are the Cipo lovers? Vuelta/Le Tour irony. ronde chumpion Racing 5 September 6th 03 02:59 PM