newbie

Old August 24th 03, 10:05 PM
chsb

Default newbie

used bike, my first sis. shifts great. I understand it has lx-silent
clutch hub. Have looked on the web, maybe asking the wrong ?. How to
lubricate? TIA Charles........

Old August 26th 03, 06:45 PM

Claire Petersky wrote:
: chsb wrote in message ...
: used bike, my first sis. shifts great. I understand it has lx-silent
: clutch hub. Have looked on the web, maybe asking the wrong ?. How to
: lubricate? TIA Charles........

: Dear Charles:

: It would really help if you would write your query in complete
: sentences. We aren't IM'ing each other here on our cell phones. You
: have lots of room on the screen and our attention spans are actually
: fairly long.

: This is what I think you were saying -- please let me know if I got it
: right:

: "I have purchased a used bicycle. It is my first bike that uses SIS.
: It does a fine job of shifting. I understand it has a 1-x silent
: clutch hub. I have searched throughly on the web trying to find out
: how to lubricate it, but I fear I have phrased the key words
: incorrectly, because I haven't been able to find the information I
: seek."

That was pretty good Claire. Does us all a favor, would ya?
Next time G. Daniels makes a post, could you decipher it for us also?

Thanks.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse'
--------------------------------

Old September 22nd 03, 12:33 PM
Mr. E. Mann

(Claire Petersky) wrote in
om:

chsb wrote in message
[...]

My recommendation to you is to write out what you want to know more
completely, perhaps with the brand of the bike and the components as a
part of the post, and then, since this appears to be a mechanical
question, to post it to rec.bicycles.tech, where you will find a
collection of gearheads eager to help you with your problem.

Enjoy your new bike!

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Oh, I get it now. I was thinking he had bought a bike for his older sister
with LX deraulers or something.