Why do we hate Danielson?

Old September 20th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Why do we hate Danielson?

Is it because Danielson represents what is in all of us, but we don't
act on those attitudes while he does? So he has a blog where he brags
about himself, and is so self-focused that he thinks the dumps he takes
in the morning are works of art. Maybe we all do a little self-admiring
but then we return to reality while Danielson doesn't seem to. So
Danielson tweets about how he's going to kick ass here and there, and
then doesn't get around to it. Doesn't that describe all of us, in fact
the only cyclist that I've ever heard of that actually did what he said
he was going to do was Lance, but he was a freak, no? Racing bikes
brings the turd out of everyone, let's not pretend that is not so. But
Danielson wants to put his turd on a marquee. So when we hate
Danielson, is it him we really hate?
Old September 20th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Sep 19, 7:15*pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Is it because Danielson represents what is in all of us, but we don't
act on those attitudes while he does? *So he has a blog where he brags
about himself, and is so self-focused that he thinks the dumps he takes
in the morning are works of art. *Maybe we all do a little self-admiring
but then we return to reality while Danielson doesn't seem to. *So
Danielson tweets about how he's going to kick ass here and there, and
then doesn't get around to it. *Doesn't that describe all of us, in fact
the only cyclist that I've ever heard of that actually did what he said
he was going to do was Lance, but he was a freak, no? *Racing bikes
brings the turd out of everyone, let's not pretend that is not so. *But
Danielson wants to put his turd on a marquee. *So when we hate
Danielson, is it him we really hate?

Rather than hate, it's probably disillusionment.

Andre
Old September 20th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

wrote:

[...]

i don't know about all the navel-gazing psycho babble ... i for one
just get tired of all the BULL****. i'm still waiting on this
MOTHER****ER TO WIN ANYTHING!! yet we still have to see **** like
this

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dani...rms-for-worlds

if he is still in the race with one lap to go, i will EAT MY OWN ****
ON NATIONAL TV

that is all.

Old September 20th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 16:15:58 -0700, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:

in fact the only cyclist that I've ever heard of that actually did what he said
he was going to do was Lance,

A lllllong time ago in a very little race I was in a break with one
other guy. He asked me how we would play out the finish. I told him I
was going to attack and ride in alone. Which I did.

Ahhh, good times.
Old September 20th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

wrote:

[...]

that is all.- Hide quoted text -

That is hilarious. And a safe bet brother. It could only have been
funnier if you said you'd wrap it in a tortilla first.
-DA74
Old September 20th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

bar wrote:
if he is still in the race with one lap to go, i will EAT MY OWN ****
ON NATIONAL TV

Susan likes this.
Old September 20th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RobertH

On Sep 19, 6:31 pm, Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT
wrote:

A lllllong time ago in a very little race I was in a break with one
other guy. He asked me how we would play out the finish. I told him I
was going to attack and ride in alone. Which I did.

Ahhh, good times.

Dumbass,

The other guy's tricycle broke.

But a win is a win.
Old September 20th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:00:07 -0700 (PDT), RobertH
wrote:

The other guy's tricycle broke.

But a win is a win.

POTM
Old September 20th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Okay, I'm cheering for Danielson now!

But you don't have to televise it. It's not necessary.

Old September 20th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Sep 20, 11:15*am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Is it because Danielson represents what is in all of us, but we don't
act on those attitudes while he does? *So he has a blog where he brags
about himself, and is so self-focused that he thinks the dumps he takes
in the morning are works of art. *Maybe we all do a little self-admiring
but then we return to reality while Danielson doesn't seem to. *So
Danielson tweets about how he's going to kick ass here and there, and
then doesn't get around to it. *Doesn't that describe all of us, in fact
the only cyclist that I've ever heard of that actually did what he said
he was going to do was Lance, but he was a freak, no? *Racing bikes
brings the turd out of everyone, let's not pretend that is not so. *But
Danielson wants to put his turd on a marquee. *So when we hate
Danielson, is it him we really hate?

he has sponsors

Tom Danielson MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 1 August 13th 09 09:46 PM
This sux for Danielson Charles[_2_] Racing 10 September 3rd 07 09:49 AM
Tom Danielson Frank Drackman Racing 9 June 1st 06 02:47 AM
Tom Danielson, RIP crit PRO Racing 23 November 4th 05 05:45 AM
danielson gym gravity Racing 13 September 22nd 04 09:04 PM