Link to a pic of LAlpe d'Huez suitable for wallpaper?

Old July 22nd 04, 05:51 PM
Badger_South

Default Link to a pic of LAlpe d'Huez suitable for wallpaper?

Someone posted a side-ways view, but can't find the link.

Anyone have links to their fave snap of this, besides the nice one
from satelite yesterday, that is.

TIA.

-B

Old July 23rd 04, 03:57 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

I'de like a copy of that arial shot of Lance, just before he passed
under the 1K banner on the Alpe.

The one that clearly shows that imaginative comment someone had painted
on the road.....

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old July 23rd 04, 04:59 PM
S o r n i

Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
I'de like a copy of that arial shot of Lance, just before he passed
under the 1K banner on the Alpe.

The one that clearly shows that imaginative comment someone had
painted on the road.....

I got a kick out of the "Lance Sucks" painted on the road, just as the time
check confirmed that he was indeed kicking major lycra-clad ass.

Bill "he sucks alright...huge amounts of oxygen" S.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:44 PM
Richard Tack

Here's one of a contingent of German "fans."

http://www.lt-smash.us/Lance.jpg
Old July 23rd 04, 07:54 PM
Harris

Richard Tack wrote:
Here's one of a contingent of German "fans."

http://www.lt-smash.us/Lance.jpg

I thought they were Basques. They're just giving Lance half a peace sign.

Art H.
Old July 23rd 04, 11:32 PM
Rick Warner

Harris wrote in message o.net...
Richard Tack wrote:
Here's one of a contingent of German "fans."

http://www.lt-smash.us/Lance.jpg

I thought they were Basques.

Well, since they are in the orange color of Euskatel, and the one guy
has a basque flag draped around him, I suspect you are correct. They
are probably a big miffed that Mayo had gone walkabout.

- rick