Recumbent bike conversion ?

Old September 19th 04, 10:05 PM
Tom Sherman

Default Recumbent bike conversion ?

Retro Bob wrote:

I have an opportunity to step into a vintage upper end mixte frame
bike. I'm thinking that it's a natural for a recumbent conversion
since the frame is already structured in the right way... the upper
seat tube and upper rear stays could easily be eliminated leaving
a nice low platform to build on.

Anyone know of any project sites for recumbents in general or maybe
specifically with a mixte frame base ?

Thanks,
Bob

Start he

http://www.ihpva.org/Builders/
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/

--
Tom Sherman

Old September 20th 04, 05:20 AM
Jeff Wills

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
Retro Bob wrote:

snip

Anyone know of any project sites for recumbents in general or maybe
specifically with a mixte frame base ?

Thanks,
Bob

Start he

http://www.ihpva.org/Builders/
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/

Even better:
http://www.recumbents.com/mars/pages...jspolTom1.html
http://www.mile43.com/peterson/weezlow.htm
http://home1.gte.net/kfics/bikes.htm

I've seen another built on dual 27" wheels- but I can't find the page right now.

Jeff
Old September 20th 04, 01:27 PM
Dave

Retro Bob wrote:

I have an opportunity to step into a vintage upper end mixte frame
bike. I'm thinking that it's a natural for a recumbent conversion
since the frame is already structured in the right way... the upper
seat tube and upper rear stays could easily be eliminated leaving a nice
low platform to build on. Anyone know of any project sites for recumbents
in general or maybe
specifically with a mixte frame base ?

Thanks, Bob

Start he

http://www.ihpva.org/Builders/
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/

--
Tom Sherman

Here are some articles of homebuilders, with at least a couple showing
mixte frame conversions:

http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com/...omebuilder.pdf

Dave Kopec

Old September 21st 04, 03:56 AM
Tom Sherman

Retro Bob wrote:

Thanks boys. Nice links. I think I will go for that bike and
start the plans.

Bob,

Get Bent!

--
Tom Sherman

Old September 21st 04, 06:46 AM
Jeff Wills

Retro Bob wrote:

Thanks boys. Nice links. I think I will go for that bike and
start the plans.

Bob,

Get Bent!

Or, as one of my friends says:
"If it ain't 'bent, fix it!"

Jeff
Old September 22nd 04, 09:43 PM
John McGraw

Retro Bob wrote:

Thanks boys. Nice links. I think I will go for that bike and
start the plans.

Bob,

Get Bent!

Not the best thing to say to a scuba diver )

need info about recumbent bike. Longbikes Vanguard Capri Recumbent Biking 8 February 7th 11 02:55 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Social Issues 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM