Short Unicycle Questionaire.please Complete !!!

Old January 23rd 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Short Unicycle Questionaire.please Complete !!!

livetouni wrote:
Hi there,

Im a student and im currently in the process of designing and making a
unicycle stand for my GCSE Product design prodject .

I WOULD BE O SO VERY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD COMPLETE MY 9 QUESTION,
QUESTIONARE.

Hi there! Not long ago that I was doing questionnaires for GCSE
technology. No problem, here we go...

I've answered your questions and also jotted down some extra
information. You might be able to record this as an "additional
comments" section, or maybe just summarise general comments people have
said to you. Maybe it'll be useful when you write things up.

*1. How many unicycles do you own?*
1 2 3 4 5 6+

4

2. WHAT SIZE UNICYCLE/S DO YOU CURRENTLY OWN?
12” 16” 20” 24“ 26” 28”
29”
36” 39” Other (Please Specify)

2x 20", 1x29", 1x36"

3. WHERE DO YOU STORE YOUR UNICYCLE/S?
House Garage or Shed Outside

House, two in bedroom, two in my office at work.

4.HOW DO YOU CURRENTLY STORE YOUR UNICYCLE/S?
Steel Stand Against Wall Hanging from Hooks

Laying on the Floor Other (Please Specify)

Floor-standing steel stands for my 29" and 36".
(side note: These are jus bicycle racks. These stand the wheel up
straight but you have to put the seat down on the floor. There's
nothing to hold the seat and frame up and out of the way, which makes
them take up more floor space.)

20" often lies on the floor because my existing unicycle stand is not
very stable.

20" BC wheel leans on the wall because there's no stand at all for
that!

5. HAS YOUR UNICYCLE/S EVER CAUSED DAMAGE TO WALLS OR FURNITURE?
Yes No

Yes.

6. HAVE YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSE HOLD EVER TRIPPED OVER A
UNICYCLE?
Yes No

Yes.

7. FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OR COMMENTS FROM OTHERS, HOW WOULD YOU RATE
THE STEEL UNICYCLE STAND CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET?
Terrible Poor Average Good Excellent

Poor.

The 20" unicycle's stand doesn't stay steady on soft surfaces like
carpet, especially if you accidentally jog it. There are no proper
unicycle stands on the market for larger wheels of 29+ inches.

8. HAVE YOU EVER MADE A STAND YOURSELF?
Yes No

No.
Don't have the time or the equipment, so being able to purchase a ready
made one would be useful.

9. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR A UNICYCLE STAND?
£5 - £10 £10 - £20 £20+

£20+ if it was good.

Even more if it could take a bigger, expensive unicycle like 29+
inches.

Please complete it like the example below, thank you for you time.

I need a minimum of 50 questionares so please do one !!!!!!! Thank You
!!!

Good luck with the questionnaires, I know it's hard work getting them
all filled out. Good idea to post them on here.

Cheers,
Mark

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

1 - 6+
2 - 16,19,20,24,700c,29,36
3 - house
4 - floor, stand, ceiling hooks, cycle maintenance stand
5 - yes
6 - yes
7 - as adequate is not an option, I would say average.
8 - no
9 - n/a. I probably wouldn't buy one as it would need to solve a
problem I don't have at the moment.

good luck, drop me a line if you want a review!

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)