CONVERTIBLE HPV's - DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEMS

Old January 24th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default CONVERTIBLE HPV's - DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEMS

Guys,

Lots of folks have suggested that Dakoroman is just "trolling" the
newsgroup - posting stuff to wind everyone up. I'd just like to note
that the number 1 rule for dealing with that sort of behaviour is "do
not feed the trolls". If somebody is trying to provoke pointless
arguments, don't give them success by engaging with them, getting
annoyed and giving them what they want.

I'm not saying Dakoroman is a troll. But basically: if you do think
he's just winding us up then the fastest way to stop him doing that is
probably to just ignore these threads. That way the discussion will
die down quicker, the threads will fall off the front page and things
will get back to normal soon enough.

If Dakoroman thinks he really has something then I hope he'll get in
touch with unicycle.com and talk with them about manufacturing.
Unicycle.uk.com has Roger Davies who has a lot of engineering
experience and designs much of the Nimbus stuff, he could be worth
talking to. Calling them up by telephone would be a better way to get
an immediate response and to explain your position; being able to
interact directly with them could help clarify any language problems
that would be harder to deal with via e-mail.

Somebody reminded me, in connection with this thread that Carl Sagan
once said "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.". Talk of
an easy means of mounting a unicycle, of retrofitting gearing and of
gearing an UW are so impressive that they need impressive proof to back
them up. Without that proof, people will eventually just going to get
bored and ignore you. It would be a shame for a good idea to end that
way, so if you have a design please do just persist in trying to talk
to manufacturers directly. If they don't like your design then work to
improve it or try something else.

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 24th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dakoroman

G’Day !

DAKOROMAN: I, Ioan “Dakoroman” OASA, from Sydney stand for every/ all
the claims posted regarding DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEM, another drive
system for UW, all the applications I wrote about in my few threads/
posts.

EPPUR SI MUOVE - GIORDANO BRUNO

………………………………...................................... .........

HARPER : First off, consider not using the backslashes in your text. It
adds to the confusion. Make your sentences short, simple, and
readable.”

Dakoroman: there is not confusion at all, just lack or the will of
understanding.

………………………………...................................... ............

HARPER : Second, how about a hint as to how this thing is supposed to
work? Claims that unicycles can be retrofitted using this system in
minutes is pretty far-fetched. Maybe some sketches or photos or even a
verbal description would help here. If not, give up this approach”

Dakoroman : I have explained a few times why I can not disclose
everything at the moment.
Yes, any type of unicycle can be retrofitted with DAKOROMAN DRIVE
SYSTEM - Fast, Geared Unicycles/ The truth is not “pretty far-fetched”
Photos, sketches, etc, are welcome, I agree, wait a moment.

………………………………...................................... ............

HARPER : Third, you claim that you are seeking manufacturing help. Have
you even made one of these? Have you tested this drive system on any
HPV at all? If so, can we see some evidence? If not, stop telling us
how great it is because it isn't. I mean, it literally isn't...it does
not exist.

DAKOROMAN : I am in contact with a company from Sydney; if we make the
deal, you will see everything/ any other company interested is
welcome.
………………………………...................................... ............................

HARPER : Fourth, you claim that patent restrictions keep you from
revealing anything about this drive system. All indications are that
you expect people to jump at the opportunity to build this wonderful
device for you (you are apparently unable to build it yourself) without
knowing anything about it. Why would anyone do this?

DAKOROMAN : see www.ipaustralia.gov.au
I don’t expect anyone to do anything without understanding/ knowing/
analysing, judging, etc.
That is why I proposed/ by emails to some Unicyclists to send them
DAKOROMAN PROJECTS/ by mail, provided that they will sign a NDA.

Is that right Greg HARPER ? John FOSS ? Qweld ? Mike PENTON ?
UNICYCLE.COM and other people and companies ? / see my previous posts.

I am indeed unable to manufacture DAKOROMAN PRODUCTS at high quality /
market level/ mass production; I don’t have the machineries, I want to
work with professionals.

“Why would anyone do this ? Because new technologies/ products make big
money.
………………………………...................................... .....

HARPER : Fifth, the idea of a geared-up ultimate wheel is absurd.
Geared with reference to what, exactly? Back up fantastic and
unbelievable claims like these or stop making them

DAKOROMAN : any pioneer idea is absurd, geared unicycle was absurd,
bicycle drive systems- multiple speeds was absurd, geared UW is not
absurd, just retrofit DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEM at any UW type/ IN MINUTES
= 63 seconds !, thus I have to use the plural.

The reference, as non- Geared Unicycles, is a “normal” unicycle, slow,
with frame or not, ridden by a desperados: not a DAKOROMAN ULTIMAXXX -
GEARED UNICYCLE.

The only absurd thing is the use of absurd/ as a concept to demonstrate
"imposibility"; the best way to win any argument is to be on the
correct/ same side with the truth.

Mr. Greg HARPER, you just created another myth/ the first one was that
I solicit funds/ NEVER: although UW can be easily transformed in FAST
DAKOROMAN GEARED UNICYCLES = UW, you totally ignore the existence of a
new drive system I was describing in relation with UW, making a UW with

D = 10…20 inches faster than Schlumpf Geared Unicycles D = 24/ 29
inches/ see www.unicycle.com.

Qweld asked me about this new drive system, I have three, please read
the title of the thread: CONVERTIBLE HPV’s - DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEMS/
more than one.

Can anybody explain me how is possible not to have any response/
comment/ not a single one, at my request:

“Please, comment about this new thread and the ideas I want to debate,

WHAT QUALITIES/ NOVELTIES HAVE THE NEW HPV's TO INCORPORATE, TO CHANGE
THE PERCEPTION OF THE PUBLIC TOWARDS UNICYCLES/ HPV's?”

I’ll tell you why: because you don’t even care to read the claims,
regardless how wild they are, I already gave you a few new ideas/
concepts you should reflect about.

………………………………...................................... .................

HARPER : Sixth, and finally, you seem to insist on starting new threads
using the same confusing grammatical constructs and discussing the same
topic using the same approach. There is nothing fresh or new or
convincing about your second or subsequent threads. Just tack your
sales pitch onto an old thread. If not I will formally request that you
be banned as a nuisance. Maybe a few have already done so. I had hoped
you would back up your claims but it appears as if you will not. Come
clean or go away.

DAKOROMAN : it looks like UNICYCLIST.COM is run by influential people
with their own agendas/ products/ methods/ vested interests.

New comers are welcome if they sing the same songs/ don’t disturb the
establishment, or risk being ridiculed/ humiliated, their new ideas
annihilated.

I am more than clean, soon all the claims will be demonstrated.

Thank you, Ioan “Dakoroman” OASA, Sydney/ by the way, Sydney is not a
country.

P.S. - I would like to talk to Mr. Roger DAVIES from Unicycle.uk, I am
going to send him the same offer, maybe he is curious at least, if any
Unicyclist, reading about DAKOROMAN PROJECTS know him personally, my
emails a , , mob : 0423
226 552.

--
dakoroman
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 24th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

dakoroman wrote:
it looks like UNICYCLIST.COM is run by influential people with their
own agendas/ products/ methods/ vested interests.

New comers are welcome if they sing the same songs/ don’t disturb the
establishment, or risk being ridiculed/ humiliated, their new ideas
annihilated.

Just wait a minute there! You are in no position to start making such
accusations about our community...

Look at things from our perspective. We've had numerous discussions
about various systems used to give unicycle riders some sort of
mechanical advantage. We talk about suspension, gearing, adjustable
cranks, folding rims, many many different modifications. We have a
community full of bright minds with great ideas.

All you've been giving us are advertisements of some obscure product...
in essence your threads are no different then those "spam threads" that
offer us cell phones, Nike shoes, and other various consumer products.
And, to keep this forum focused on unicycling discussion, we delete
those threads and ban those users.

The difference between our discussions and your threads is simple: all
our discussions are give and take. We demonstrate our ideas and offer
criticism of others' ideas. That's what makes them discussions. Your
threads are very cryptic and don't encourage any discussion.

Why then do you keep posting, just to tell us you can't talk about
anything?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 24th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I have contacted Mr. Dakoroman and offered to sign an NDA to see where
this goes. If it goes somewhere, it's all good. If it goes nowhere,
which seems most likely at the moment, we should ignore further posts
for the time being.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Much to Mark's chagrin I will dole out a little more Purina Troll chow.

dakoroman wrote:

That is why I proposed/ by emails to some Unicyclists to send them
DAKOROMAN PROJECTS/ by mail, provided that they will sign a NDA.
Is that right Greg HARPER ?

Call me Greg, Ioan. This is a very open community. Yes, you sent me a
PM seeking manufacturing facilities and asking me to build this device
for you. I told you I was not interested in manufacturing and marketing
and told you to go ahead on your own. I did not expect you to scold me
in a PM for not supporting your project or to subsequently spam RSU.

dakoroman wrote:

... it looks like UNICYCLIST.COM is run by influential people with
their own agendas/ products/ methods/ vested interests.

New comers are welcome if they sing the same songs/ don’t disturb the
establishment, or risk being ridiculed/ humiliated, their new ideas
annihilated.

Projects are discussed openly. Details are given, sketches are shared,
corrections are made, prototypes are produced, photos are taken and
shared, iterations are made, and tests are performed and reported.
There isn't any secrecy involved. You don't see a whole lot of products
being marketed by RSU members, either. Some, but not a lot.

I suppose what you meant to say is that it is surprising that a
newcomer can't come along and coerce an entire online community to
support the manufacture of a product which doesn't seem to exist.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com