again a police story

Old January 25th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kevkahuna711

Default again a police story

Another criminal ground down by the wheels of the... err wheel of the
law.

--
Kevkahuna711
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 25th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

leo wrote:
I decided to cross the street and follow him less obvious while calling
for backup...

Yes, because nothing says "less obvious" quite like a guy on a
unicycle.

Great story. It doesn't surprise me you were the only one that could
keep up with him. After chasing you around Amsterdam and having you
outrun my 29" with your 20", I have profound respect for your speed and
control.

While I did not always think this, in general I think it is good to
help police when you have a chance. I have seen karma come back around
on this, and you never know when it might be good to have that on your
side.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Émile5

haha, thanks for the nice story.

--
Émile5
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Nice work, Leo.

I too was expecting a report of being stopped by the police. I'm quite
happy it wasn't.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

Dangit! Looks I lost "The Game".
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Good job Leo.

All that is necessary for ev'i'
(http://tartarus.org/martin/essays/burkequote.html)l to triumph...

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 26th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
idiorythmic

This was a treat to read, particularly as I thought from the title that
it was to be a story of police injustice against unicyclists. Good
job, Leo!

--
idiorythmic
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 27th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Reminds me of: http://tinyurl.com/2jug97

Cool going Leo, well done on helping the police out! Glad to hear you
tried to keep your distance and not put yourself at risk, though.

Did the police say anything to you?

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 1st 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo

hansc wrote:
Can't imagine riding a 20" faster than running though, you must be a
very fast rider.

Well unless it's with a pro marathon runner I'm just sightly faster
than the average dude / police man.
But as unicycling is different, I can last longer on the long run.

hansc wrote:
There has to be an article about this somewhere

I've stressed the police to only use my details when really needed, and
not even file them other than in his notebook.
Besided that Amsterdam doesn't have a local newspaper anymore.

surfer1024 wrote:
were you riding with 89mm's?

Worse: 125 mm's! You shouldn't do freestyle with 125's, actually should
never make the combi 20"/125mm, but that's just what I'm used to for
very long, so I don't dare to change to 110mm. Before unicycling I did
bicycle racing on a very high level, including track, so doing high
rpm's is not really a problem for me.

mark williamson wrote:
Reminds me of: http://tinyurl.com/2jug97

It reminded me to another story 3 years ago that I never wrote down.
I once was practsing, and get this police-helicopter above me.
Police helicopter are very rare over here, especially in the district
where I was.
So courieus as I was I decided to take a look, but immediately
regretted my disaster-tourism when noticing bullet-proof vests.
And gun fights still are VERY rare events here.
So I decided to go home, but then -as I don't like to ride into pieces
of glass and such, I alway look where I ride- just noticed a bullet on
the cyclepath!
I didn't touch it, and went to a SWAT guy (who I know how to talk to),
and so could point them to a piece of evidence even before technical
investigation started. It was laying far from the scene, they never
would have searched there.

--
leo

*+1 866-UNI-CYCL
'www.unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
'www.unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)*
http://www.usenet.com

USA is becoming a police state Joe General 1 November 4th 07 07:19 PM
Pavement Police John B UK 24 April 28th 07 08:47 PM
Norfolk Police again Tony Raven UK 6 May 12th 06 09:44 PM
Pulled over by police David Stone Unicycling 4 September 28th 05 09:52 PM
police ksanunis Unicycling 20 June 19th 05 11:23 PM