Exciting News for 36" enthusiasts

Old January 30th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Exciting News for 36" enthusiasts

Oooooh! I really want that Nightrider tyre. I've had some nasty
experiences with my TA in mud and the edge knobbies look just the
ticket. Something that's suitable for both road and damp XC would be
ideal. Trouble is I think I'll have to ride several thousand miles on
my TA to wear that out first :-/ I guess that's a motivation to do
some RTL qualifying ride training

I've got an airfoil already, so I can't see myself upgrading the rim
for quite a while...

I wish I could get one of these new T7's but I already have two T7 bars
on my existing unis that work perfectly well at the moment. Gah!

Buying a 36" is starting to get like buying a computer: a few months
later a better model comes out! It's good that the market is evolving
so quickly now - it means we have better, cheaper unicycles than we had
before, even if they date quicker - it's just a bit scary!

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 30th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteve

I love the smell of progress in the morning.

--
unisteve

-\"i agree, corporal punishment is the way to go.\"- --'james_potter'
(http://tinyurl.com/3cc6s6)

-\"where oh where is jc?\"- --'into the blue'
(http://tinyurl.com/393fat)
-\"seated at the right hand of his father? wassail!\"-
--'martin.phillips' (http://tinyurl.com/35zoqp)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 30th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

legtod2 wrote:
Nimbus 36, with Version 2 T7 handle, KH frusion freeride seat, isis hubs
and cranks, Nightrider tire

I was thinking just about the same thing. I'm considering borrowing the
hub from my KH20 for this... Good or bad idea?

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

Dangit! Looks I lost "The Game".
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 30th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

The problem with using an ISIS hub on a 36" is that as far as I'm aware
there are no frames which support the 42mm bearing size. The Nimbus 36"
frame won't work because it has machined bearing holders. The only
frame which will possibly work is the old original coker and radial
frames since they had pressed holders rather than machined - but even
then its not a good fit.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 30th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

ISIS on a 36er: Qu-Ax
but I don't know if you could get just the frame

--
saskatchewanian
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 30th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim

The Qu-Ax ISIS has pressed bearing holders rather than machined (like
the old Coker 36 inch unicycles) so not a very good fit.

jim

--
Jim
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 31st 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

'for those who don't mind welding/cutting up a nimbus frame.'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1182)

edit: bolt's would have to be different though.

--
zfreak220

You'll get hurt if you don't land it.

Jedził Koło
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 1st 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Eh, I don't think it would be worth it, at least for me. I don't have
any access to any welding devices.
I guess the hub and cranks it comes with will be good enough quality
anyway. I'm not going to be too tough on my 36er once I get it.