New invention to change the world's view of transportation

Old January 23rd 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniBrier

Default New invention to change the world's view of transportation

I only watched the first bit of the vid. It does look like a fun
alternative for cruising around the beach front or bike path. I wonder
what a high speed ejection would be like, especially if you come to a
sudden stop from hitting a curb or pot hole. Helmets or other body
armour recomended?

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Looks really fun actually, but I doubt their assertion that it's the
most mentally stimulating form of exercise: surely that has to be a
unicycle?!

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

I hate shills.

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Its like the 'treadmill' (http://tinyurl.com/2ujn63) bike. *Btw unicycle
at 3:55!!*

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kevkahuna711

The world is being changed! I'm selling my truck right now for that
thing. Really though it does look a little fun, but not as cool as a
unicycle. My wife would like it I'm sure. Unicyclethat thing.

--
Kevkahuna711
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

*Streetstrider video*:
It's the most mentally stimulating form of outdoor exercise ever
invented; a totally new mind-body connection.

Try a unicycle

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I'm still waiting for the affordable Segway. That revolution is just
around the corner....

This device, clearly, from watching the first 30 sec. of the video, is
not intended as a transportation device. It's a workout device made for
outside. So transportation is a side benefit of your workout. That's a
nice improvement over staring at the same wall every time you work out,
but if you want to go somewhere a bike will be faster/more efficient.
It probably burns more calories than a unicycle though, because you
can't sit down and it looks like there's more friction between the
drivetrain and the three small wheels.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Kevkahuna711 wrote:
The world is being changed! I'm selling my truck right now for that
thing. Really though it does look a little fun, but not as cool as a
unicycle. My wife would like it I'm sure. Unicyclethat thing.

I agree. Not for myself but I think my wife would like it as an
alternative to her short bike rides, definitely takes more effort.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

But what is the point?!?! Seriously! All of these new inventions are
just so random and stupid, and have no real logic. They are
sensationalised and are there for one reason; to make money for the
producer.

re the treadmill bike, it has obviously been discussed in that other
thread but what's the difference between running on the, and running on
the ground? Other than the fact you go slower on the bike. And
therefore you may as well go on a running machine, or run to where you
want to depending on what purppose you have.

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

Kieron wrote:
I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
bush.

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 24th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peter.bier

jamessd wrote:

re the treadmill bike, it has obviously been discussed in that other
thread but what's the difference between running on the, and running on
the ground? Other than the fact you go slower on the bike. And
therefore you may as well go on a running machine, or run to where you
want to depending on what purppose you have.

The difference is in impact level (it is easier on your joints than
running). People will buy this for the same two reasons some people
ride unicycles - it is fun to do and easier on your joints.

I would far rather go for a ride on a street strider than a run.
Everybody is different though and it will obviously not appeal to
everyone.

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier