To Teach Football Boneheads

Old February 15th 10, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
BeeRich

Default To Teach Football Boneheads

A football guy hates me cause I'm not a football follower. He's
insistent that I'm wrong, because I simply think football is ... not
the best thing going on.

My voice, although my world is quite diverse and well beyond measuring
anything inside the only parameters of sport, is that athleticism is
better represented by sports where longevity is placed, not this short
spurt bull**** we often see in American "strong man" sports.

I often see these media-sponsored crap shows, often selling people
that these obese men throwing themselves for seconds at a time,
somehow considering gravity as being an attribute to their "health".

My argument is that cyclists, a fraction of the footballer weight,
demonstrates better "fitness" than any "12 minute sport over 3 hours"
"athlete" could produce.

The challenge is on. Tonight, a football supporter said "I have a
mountain bike, and I spend 12 minutes going down a hill", and he
didn't get it.

I'm looking for support. This is open season for true sport.

Cheers