Where to buy Saeco Team Jerseys?

Old August 10th 04, 12:14 AM
winnard

Default Where to buy Saeco Team Jerseys?

Where is a good online shop that has the Saeco team jerseys? I've been
to worldcycling.com. Are there any less costly?

winnard

Old August 10th 04, 01:39 AM
Lance

"winnard" wrote in news:kxTRc.9349$V%.2845
@okepread03:

Where is a good online shop that has the Saeco team jerseys? I've been
to worldcycling.com. Are there any less costly?

Ebay
Old August 11th 04, 12:15 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

http://www.gbcycles.co.uk

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 11th 04, 02:20 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Team kit

A question for the group. I love many of the current team jerseys, would love
to wear them. But here in the 'republic', wearing a team jersey marks you as a
posseur. Biggest thing is that they do not sell here.

For the bike shop guys and others in different areas. Does team kit sell? I
find it amazing considering all the 'Avalance', 'Rockies', Broncos', 'Nuggets'
stuff I see on peoples backs and heads.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 11th 04, 07:23 PM
Appkiller

I generally don't wear team kit except if I identify with the sponsor
- my one team jersey is from the Heineken team. Now there's a sponsor
one can identify with. Also toyed with getting one of those Sol
Mexican beer jerseys.

I do have a Salsa Cycles jersey (like/have some of their bike bits)
and would wear Team Jelly Belly kit - appropriate to me on so many
levels.

I find most jerseys sold in the catalogs to be unattractive and
obnoxious. Love those old wool Cinzano jerseys and thinking about
getting one (got 'em at vintagevelos.com). Now that's style!

Team kit on a slow or moderately paced rider is like a hot paint job
on an AMC Pacer, IMO.

App
Old August 11th 04, 08:18 PM
Russell Seaton

(Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message ...
A question for the group. I love many of the current team jerseys, would love
to wear them. But here in the 'republic', wearing a team jersey marks you as a
posseur. Biggest thing is that they do not sell here.

For the bike shop guys and others in different areas. Does team kit sell?

In the middle of Iowa I do not see "Team" jerseys or shorts on many
cyclists. And when I do, it looks bad. Even on RAGBRAI I did not see
many Team kits. I did see a pink/white Telekom outfit on a person or
two. It did not really look good. I am far more likely to see
jerseys or shorts of the various local racing teams and such.

Last night the small group I ride with caught, passed, dropped on a
hill, a big, young guy in Phonak full zip jersey and bibs. When your
backside is two feet wide and you weigh more than 200 pounds, you
should not wear Team strip. The full zip jersey completely unzipped
was reminiscent of the photos you see on Cycling News. It looked sort
of cool. But in all in all, the Phonak team strip did not work.

I own some sort of Team kit like a Cannondale/Volvo mountain bike team
jersey I bought cheaply from mail order. And a Saturn team jersey I
bought cheaply from mail order. But these are sort of generic team
jerseys and don't have the poseur look. Other than the Bianchi jersey
worn by Ullrich last year, I don't have any interest in buying any
team jerseys. And I could not quite justify the $60-70 for the
Bianchi jersey and did not buy it. And now that Ullrich rides for
Telekom, the interest in the Bianchi jersey has waned. Unless I see
if for sale via mail order real cheap.
Old August 11th 04, 09:45 PM
j_erhardt

How d'y'all feel about wearing an old pro jersey, such as Castorama,
Motorola, 7-Eleven, etc. or a very obscure but current team?

JohnE

--
j_erhardt

Old August 11th 04, 10:45 PM
Mark Janeba

j_erhardt wrote:
How d'y'all feel about wearing an old pro jersey, such as Castorama,
Motorola, 7-Eleven, etc. or a very obscure but current team?

I do it all the time: PDM, "Z", Lotto/Berry Floor (pre Lotto-Domo),
Brooklyn. Ebay's a great source.

Don't care if other folks think I'm a poser. As if people couldn't tell
that I'm not Roger De Vlaemink (hmmm... come to think of it, I AM almost
old enough

I draw the line at advertising things sold locally - e.g. Pepsi, etc. -
I wear jersies that are "just full of colorful [but cryptic] lettering"

Trivia: 1) What did PDM stand for, and
2) Were PDM tapes *ever* sold in the US?
(don't know the answers myself).

Mark