Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels,bb, seat,& rear rack

Old August 17th 03, 09:52 PM
Tim Lines

Default Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels,bb, seat,& rear rack

Eric St. Mary wrote:

I would like to thank all who offered advice and their bikes for my
fixie project. I picked up a mid 80's Fuji Del Ray frame set on Ebay for
$33. I has nice long horizontal dropouts, valite tubing (which I believe
is triple butted), every braze on imaginable, is already 130mm spaced,
and is kind of ugly, which is good in my book for a commuter bike.

What size seat post does this frame take?

I've got 3 mid-80's Fujis. I do not know why. 2 have 26.3 seatposts
and the other has something a bit smaller with a soda pop can used as a
shim. I'll bet yours needs a 26.3.

Is the BB threading English?
Yes.

I think I'm going to be able to get a 105 front brake (will this work
with 700C wheels?)

I'd bet current generation 105 brakes wouldn't reach. I might lose that
bet, though. Do current generation shimano calipers have long enough
bolts to reach through the fork? The old fork wasn't built for the
recessed allen nuts.