WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

Old October 4th 14, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....
Old October 4th 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

A lot of people commute and it's often dark early in the early morning or evening in winter.

A lot of people ride after work and it gets dark before they get home.

A lot of people like to ride roads or trails at night to enjoy the sounds of silence.

Some people work late shifts and it's dark when tthey get off work or go to work.

Some people do their grocery shopping at night at 24 hours stores so they miss the crowds.

Some people tour and like to have a dependable light for those times when darkness falls before they get to their stopping point or planned camp site.

Many reasons why people ride during the dark hours.
Old October 4th 14, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:43:54 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

A lot of people commute and it's often dark early in the early morning or evening in winter.

A lot of people ride after work and it gets dark before they get home.

A lot of people like to ride roads or trails at night to enjoy the sounds of silence.

Some people work late shifts and it's dark when tthey get off work or go to work.

Some people do their grocery shopping at night at 24 hours stores so they miss the crowds.

Some people tour and like to have a dependable light for those times when darkness falls before they get to their stopping point or planned camp site.

Many reasons why people ride during the dark hours.

Heck, why would someone ride only in daytime?

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 5th 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

DUH......

yeah caws the sun went down.

no, why is the dynamo crew riding at night..

1. JB Portland commutes

2. Frank is a Vampire

3. Andrew Muzi owns an LBS

4. Holtman owns one of everything

5. ...........
Old October 5th 14, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/9zxNds
Old October 5th 14, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Martin Riddle

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?
Which brings up the question...
Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

Cheers
Old October 5th 14, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:10:13 PM UTC-4, Martin Riddle wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?

Which brings up the question...

Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

Cheers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

where's Riddle riding ? a what times ? how far?
Old October 5th 14, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

I ride at night because it's fun. I ride during the day because it's
fun. I ride my bike to get from point A to point B, such as from home
to work, because it's way more fun than driving my car. I just ride my
bike because it's fun- all the other benefits are icing on the cake.

Night riding The Bruiser Unicycling 20 November 4th 06 09:22 AM
Night riding tedward Unicycling 2 May 14th 06 11:43 AM
Riding at Night Tim Nunes General 14 January 21st 06 03:16 AM
Night riding. Callistus Valerius Racing 26 February 22nd 05 01:13 AM
Night riding... Absent Husband Australia 67 January 16th 05 08:44 PM