A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 9th 19, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,611
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199
Ads
  #2  
Old July 9th 19, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,630
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:17:42 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRCm8LJ8pbg
  #3  
Old July 9th 19, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,891
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

  #4  
Old July 9th 19, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,595
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


Only a cyclist could be that stupid.
And we all know that cyclists are very stupid.


  #5  
Old July 9th 19, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,630
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.


I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.
  #6  
Old July 9th 19, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,891
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.


I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.


Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]
  #7  
Old July 9th 19, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,630
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:48:40 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.


I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.


Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]


Define "Right in the head".

Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.

  #8  
Old July 10th 19, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,891
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On 09/07/2019 23:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:48:40 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 21:18, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:11:07 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 14:17, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199

I once saw two cyclists blithely riding side by side down a slip road
onto the M25 clockwise in Essex.

I see motorists driving through pedestrian zones every day. The difference is the motorists are putting others in danger.


Pedestrian zones on a motorway?

Are you quite right in the head?

[That was rhetorical. The answer has to be "No".]


Define "Right in the head".


Any reasonable way you like.

You aren't it.

Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.


See what I mean?

Tell us more about these pedestrian zones on motorways.

We could do with a laugh.
  #9  
Old July 10th 19, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,378
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On 9. 7. 2019 19:27, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48911199


Only a cyclist could be that stupid.
And we all know that cyclists are very stupid.


It really is a very great compliment to be called a very by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
  #10  
Old July 10th 19, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,630
Default Cyclist gets fined for riding on a motorway

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 12:01:43 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2019 23:29, Simon Jester wrote:


Define "Right in the head".


Any reasonable way you like.


'People' 'born' in Liverpool are not right in the head.


You aren't it.


Correct, I am human.


Remember this is The Real World not Nugentworld and your invisible friends can't vote.


See what I mean?

Tell us more about these pedestrian zones on motorways.


You introduced them.

We could do with a laugh.


Exactly, we will all laugh at your attempt to deny your introduction of 'pedestrian zones on motorways' and the way you wriggle and squirm to avoid admitting you are wrong.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyclist with child on tow rides across a motorway MrCheerful UK 2 March 19th 19 01:31 AM
Cyclist critically ill after crash on motorway Mrcheerful UK 18 July 20th 15 09:34 AM
yet another cyclist on a motorway Mrcheerful UK 14 March 16th 14 10:06 AM
Reckless cyclist caught by police on MOTORWAY Mr Benn[_5_] UK 3 April 6th 12 09:35 AM
Cyclist Fined for Riding on Road in the UK petulance Australia 11 August 10th 06 02:04 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.