New Year's Greeting from Ed Dolan the Great

Old December 31st 07, 02:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default New Year's Greeting from Ed Dolan the Great

On Dec 30, 4:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Well, here it is another year and none of us any the wiser, but does that
mean we have to be acting like jackasses all the time. Let us resolve to be
better jackasses than we are. Yea, that is my most fervent wish for these
****ing cycling newsgroups.

Tom Sherman needs to continue in his plodding manner, ever correct to a
fault. Jim McNamara needs to rid himself of too many adjectives. He should
also find something better to do than to stalk the Great Ed Dolan.

Maybe what Tom Sherman and Jim McNamara need to do is to ignore your
sorry carcass. By the way, I like adjectives especially since you
don't.

Wayne
Leggett needs to adjure his poetry of ****, **** and ****. He is actually a
passable writer of verse and he only needs to get on more suitable subjects.

And what does Ed Dolan the Great need to do?

1. Stop giving advice since no one cares what you think.
2. Keep your promise to take leave of ARBR and all Usenet newsgroups.
3. Invite the Grim Reaper over for a visit..

Well, he needs to continue in
his inimitable manner until these cycling newsgroups finally disappear from
the face of the earth. When there is no one left here, all will be
perfection. Let us all struggle to do away with ourselves like good Muslim
suicide bombers.

"Once I wasn't, then I was, now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Yea, only 10 words, but it sums up the wisdom of the universe. If you truly
know the above, it is all you will ever have to know.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 31st 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 4:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Well, here it is another year and none of us any the wiser, but does that
mean we have to be acting like jackasses all the time. Let us resolve to
be
better jackasses than we are. Yea, that is my most fervent wish for these
****ing cycling newsgroups.

Tom Sherman needs to continue in his plodding manner, ever correct to a
fault. Jim McNamara needs to rid himself of too many adjectives. He
should
also find something better to do than to stalk the Great Ed Dolan.

Maybe what Tom Sherman and Jim McNamara need to do is to ignore your
sorry carcass. By the way, I like adjectives especially since you
don't.

Put away that theasurus. Those things are for kids.

Wayne
Leggett needs to adjure his poetry of ****, **** and ****. He is actually
passable writer of verse and he only needs to get on more suitable
subjects.

And what does Ed Dolan the Great need to do?

1. Stop giving advice since no one cares what you think.
2. Keep your promise to take leave of ARBR and all Usenet newsgroups.
3. Invite the Grim Reaper over for a visit..

All of the above will occur simultaneously when ARBR bites the dust. Death
to ARBR!
[...]

Old December 31st 07, 07:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO

Default Another Year of the TROLL 's Stupidity?

To his most fervent antagonist, the TROLL suggested:

Put away that theasurus [sic] ... Wayne Leggett needs
to adjure his poetry...

It should be noted, however, that an online (or any
other kind of) dictionary could be very useful to save
a pretentious, self-aggrandizing old fool with pitifully
inadequate language skills from an bit of embarrassment
by showing him the proper spelling of 'thesaurus', as
well as the actual meaning of 'adjure'.

Regards,
Wayne

Old January 1st 08, 01:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"32GO" wrote in message

To his most fervent antagonist, the TROLL suggested:

Jim McNamara is a weasel of a stalker and I do not take him seriously. My
one and only antagonist is Tom Sherman. I reserve my big guns for him alone.
He has behaved himself lately, but you must never trust him to be anything
other than what he is - a liberal scofflaw of the worst sort.

Put away that theasurus [sic] ... Wayne Leggett needs
to adjure his poetry...

Spell-check usually gets peccadilloes like this.

It should be noted, however, that an online (or any
other kind of) [awkward] dictionary could be very useful to save
a pretentious, self-aggrandizing old fool with pitifully
inadequate language skills from an [a] bit of embarrassment
by showing him the proper spelling of 'thesaurus', as
well as the actual meaning of 'adjure'.

'Adjure' should have been 'abjure' of course. This is where spell-check
defeats you by giving you the correct spelling to a word that you did not
intend. In any event, we both know of course that I am a genius and these
peccadilloes only demonstrate that everyone needs an editor. We are all
blind to our own mistakes.

Old January 1st 08, 01:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Dec 31, 7:14 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"32GO" wrote in message

To his most fervent antagonist, the TROLL suggested:

Jim McNamara is a weasel of a stalker and I do not take him seriously. My
one and only antagonist is Tom Sherman. I reserve my big guns for him alone.
He has behaved himself lately, but you must never trust him to be anything
other than what he is - a liberal scofflaw of the worst sort.

How does big guns of the caliber of a pea shooter qualify as heavy
artillery? Do you think your "antagonist" Tom cares one way or the
other. Gee what would old Ed do if Tom became a stalker ... oh my!!!

Put away that theasurus [sic] ... Wayne Leggett needs
to adjure his poetry...

Spell-check usually gets peccadilloes like this.

It should be noted, however, that an online (or any
other kind of) [awkward] dictionary could be very useful to save
a pretentious, self-aggrandizing old fool with pitifully
inadequate language skills from an [a] bit of embarrassment
by showing him the proper spelling of 'thesaurus', as
well as the actual meaning of 'adjure'.

'Adjure' should have been 'abjure' of course. This is where spell-check
defeats you by giving you the correct spelling to a word that you did not
intend. In any event, we both know of course that I am a genius and these
peccadilloes only demonstrate that everyone needs an editor. We are all
blind to our own mistakes.

The ex-librarian has been caught with his pant down here and I'm
reasonably certain sure that got the old goat's goat. Oh the joy of
it all.

Old January 1st 08, 02:22 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Another Year of the TROLL 's Genius!

"32GO" wrote in message

To his most fervent antagonist, the TROLL suggested:

Jim McNamara is a weasel of a stalker and I do not take him seriously. My
one and only antagonist is Tom Sherman. I reserve my big guns for him
alone.
He has behaved himself lately, but you must never trust him to be
anything
other than what he is - a liberal scofflaw of the worst sort.

How does big guns of the caliber of a pea shooter qualify as heavy
artillery? Do you think your "antagonist" Tom cares one way or the
other. Gee what would old Ed do if Tom became a stalker ... oh my!!!

Tom Sherman knows exactly what he can say to **** me off. If he behaves
himself, I have no interest in him.

The only stalker this newsgroup has ever had on a long term basis has been
Jim McNamara. He ought to be ashamed of himself if he were capable of such
an emotion.

[...]

I merely stated a universal truth to which any intelligent person would
agree. Even the best of writers have editors - and they need them too!