CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

Old July 15th 19, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Are you telling me what to do with my money?
Old July 15th 19, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 4:57:15 AM UTC-7, Tom Evans wrote:
On 15/07/2019 08:12, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

Someone else telling me what to do with my money. The same person that was supporting electronic shifting?
Old July 15th 19, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/15/2019 9:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Are you telling me what to do with my money?

Uh, sure. That's Step One.

Ready for Step Two?
https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/de-bla...e-wrong-hands/

After which the finale:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 15th 19, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

Someone else telling me what to do with my money. The same person that was supporting electronic shifting?

Sheesh. It's getting to where a person can't state an opinion without triggering
someone else.

You love CO2 cartridges? Fine, use them. If we ever ride together and you need
to use my pump, I'll loan it to you. You won't be the first.

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 15th 19, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:23:04 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Are you telling me what to do with my money?

No, but from a resource standpoint, it is wasteful. Recycling helps a little, but at the end of the day, you're consuming steel products and compressed gas to avoid pumping up your tire. Do I use CO2? Yes. I'll buy indulgences --give to charity and not buy an F350.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 15th 19, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Evans

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

Someone else telling me what to do with my money. The same person that was supporting electronic shifting?

I wasn't supporting electronic shifting. I was saying I expected the
technology to advance to the point that it was cheaper than manual
shifting.

Personally, I currently use cheap mechanical STI brifters, and like them
very much.

If you have a lot of money and want advice as to how to spend it, I
recommend snorting cocaine of a whore's tit.
Old July 15th 19, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:33:03 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/15/2019 9:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping..

Are you telling me what to do with my money?

Uh, sure. That's Step One.

Ready for Step Two?
https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/de-bla...e-wrong-hands/

After which the finale:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

So, De Blasio is Lenin? Wasn't De Blasio elected? And he's going to run Red Terror squads -- do you think the NYC executioners will get PERS benefits and medical/dental? They'll probably unionize -- maybe Executioners Union Local No. 6666. More living-wage jobs! MAGA! When God closes a door, he opens a window.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 15th 19, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

True. Many pumps "will work" but try it and than try a CO2 filler :-)

But "horrendous misuse of resources"... like every can of soft drinks
like Coke, 7-up and Pepsi?

Besides, one source of CO2 is oil and gas wells. CO2 is just one of
the various gasses that contaminate crude oil, or gas, and has to be
gotten rid of. I built a gas processing plant in Central Java where
the main problem was that the gas in that field was contaminated with
a substantial amount of CO2. In most cases the CO2 is simply separated
and than simply released into the atmosphere but a German company
built a CO2 purifying plant next to the gas plant and bought every
cu.ft. of CO2 we could produce. Mainly for the soft drink market but a
substantial amount was used to make "dry ice" for shipping raw fish.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 15th 19, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:05:17 -0000 (UTC), dave
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?
--
cheers,

John B.