$6,000 down the toilet!!!

Old December 8th 04, 02:53 AM
Slacker

Default $6,000 down the toilet!!!

Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)
Old December 8th 04, 03:04 AM
small change

Slacker wrote:
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

Nope, no one's going to hold you, sorry.

just how are they going to enforce XC riding only? With a scale? What about
nuts like some of my friends that think nothing of riding a VP free **UP** a
trail?

I'm curious.. no mention of IMBA in regads to the Forest Circus
legal/illegal trails issue, are they not involved? Illegal trail builders
take note.

I do know the liability thing is a real bummer - there's a trend in the ski
industry in regards to the courts to keep turning it back to the
individual
and not the corporation....(like the drunk guy in Vail who plowed into a
kid's ski class, he's personally liable for the injuries, and not the ski
area; he also did jail time)

Penny

Old December 8th 04, 03:14 AM
small change

small change wrote:

I do know the liability thing is a real bummer - there's a trend in
the ski industry in regards to the courts to keep turning it back
to the individual
and not the corporation....(like the drunk guy in Vail who plowed
into a kid's ski class, he's personally liable for the injuries, and
not the ski area; he also did jail time)

Penny

what I mean is this...
it's the f-ed up American legal system where someone can go out and do
something with potential to get really hurt, and then to go get lawyers and
sue someone when it actually happens. So what if the back of their $22
ticket said "at your own risk"....

penny

Old December 8th 04, 03:33 AM
Slacker

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:14:33 -0800, small change =

wrote:

small change wrote:

I do know the liability thing is a real bummer - there's a trend in
the ski industry in regards to the courts to keep turning it back
to the individual
and not the corporation....(like the drunk guy in Vail who plowed
into a kid's ski class, he's personally liable for the injuries, and
not the ski area; he also did jail time)

Penny

what I mean is this...
it's the f-ed up American legal system where someone can go out and d=

something with potential to get really hurt, and then to go get lawyer=

s =

and
sue someone when it actually happens. So what if the back of their $22=

ticket said "at your own risk"....

penny

Totally agree.

BTW, I agree about the illegal trails too. Although, you won't hear much=
=

talk about this on the DH boards. It was/is a major issue. Those idiots =
=

don't understand how major. With all the high profile fires in the last =
=

couple years, the Forrest Service was absolutely correct about pressurin=
g =

Snow Summit about the "off-site" trails. I'm glad my conscience is clear=
; =

I'm probably one of the few who have never been down any of the illegal =
=

runs.

-- =

Slacker
Old December 8th 04, 03:36 AM
Slacker

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:26:47 -0800, Goodoz =

wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsin17lapm83lxu@slacker...
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

Sorry for the stupid Q, but why is 6K down the drain?

Moved out of So Cal a few years ago...skiied up there several =

times...never
did summer downhill thing though. Hung out on the trails down by Orte=

ga
HWY.

Goodoz

My dream DH rig that I recently built.

-- =

Slacker
Old December 8th 04, 03:45 AM
small change

wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsin17lapm83lxu@slacker...
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

Sorry for the stupid Q, but why is 6K down the drain? My dream DH rig

that I recently built.

You'll just have to move, or learn how to ride that thing choke gasp UP
hills...

penny

Old December 8th 04, 03:46 AM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsin17lapm83lxu@slacker...

Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

Sorry for the stupid Q, but why is 6K down the drain?

Moved out of So Cal a few years ago...skiied up there several
times...never
did summer downhill thing though. Hung out on the trails down by Ortega
HWY.

Goodoz

My dream DH rig that I recently built.

Where da pics? Come on, lets see em!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 8th 04, 03:51 AM
Dean A. Stepper

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsin17lapm83lxu@slacker...
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

I am sorry about the restrictions and hope another park will seize the
opportunity. I hope that this does not put allot of downhillers/shuttlers
on trails like Wt. Wilson and San Juan Trail...bad for those of us who climb
those trails.

Old December 8th 04, 04:06 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:53:35 -0800, Slacker
wrote:

Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

Time to start mtbing Slack Man.

Peace,
Bill

The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Sir Isaac Newton
Old December 8th 04, 04:08 AM
Slacker

wrote:

Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

Time to start mtbing Slack Man.

Peace,
Bill

Ohhhh, God, please don't let me turn into one of those SS'ers
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/19662684

--
Slacker