Yellow socks

Old September 8th 04, 10:31 PM
Mike Causer

Default Yellow socks

Don't. Just don't. Especially if you have a high bottom bracket
machine.

Today I had a decent (50km+) ride in my new yellow Ozzo socks and they
were *too* distracting. White is OK, why does yellow make such a
difference?

Mike

Old September 8th 04, 10:42 PM
razor_USMC

When you ride, don't stare at your socks and you won't be distracted.

--
razor_USMC

Old September 9th 04, 12:26 AM
Tom Sherman

razor_USMC (who?) wrote:

When you ride, don't stare at your socks and you won't be distracted.

The poster must not have much (if any) experience riding high bottom
bracket bicycles. On such a bicycle, the rider's feet are in his/her
field of vision when he/she is looking down the road.

I prefer black shoes to lessen the distraction. Bright, multi-colored
shoes would become annoying to look at.

--
Tom Sherman – Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old September 9th 04, 01:52 PM
PreciousBbird

I wear Shimano sandals and I have to make sure that I use a neutral nail
polish color or else my eyes are drawn to my toes amd I find myself
constantly admiring my pedicure! So I can understand the yellow sock
problem, although I hadn't really thought about it before...

--

Precious Busterbird
She rides a HepCat

--
PreciousBbird

Old September 9th 04, 02:33 PM
James S. Prine

So I can understand the yellow sock
problem, although I hadn't really thought about it before...

My technique is flawless and, utilizing it properly, one's footgear (or lack
thereof) is never a factor.

Simply close your eyes!

By merely closing one's eyes, the type and color, design, etc., of one's
footgear is rendered irrelevant.

How does one navigate?

Sheer force of will, of course...

huge grin

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Old September 9th 04, 11:10 PM
Mark Leuck

Maybe the yellow socks are distracting to everyone EXCEPT the rider wearing
them?

"PreciousBbird" wrote
in message ...

Old September 9th 04, 11:41 PM
Mike Causer

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:10:02 +0000, Mark Leuck wrote:

Maybe the yellow socks are distracting to everyone EXCEPT the rider
wearing them?

On a high BB machine, like a Speed Ross, your shoes and socks are right in
the view of the road ahead. In daylight white socks are no problem, but
yellow are. I don't know why, they are not a florescent yellow. At
night, with an OSS handlebar and a couple of lights mounted on it, even
sombre shoes are distraction.

Sadly the yellow socks didn't distract my father from moaning about the
length of my hair. But he's been complaining about that since before the
Beatles broke up ....

..... he's never got used to my beard either, although it's now completely
white :-(

Oops, 'bent rider stereotypes rule.

Mike