How quickly they forget ...

Old August 19th 04, 10:47 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

Default How quickly they forget ...

From http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...ts/road_men_tt

"With his tremendous today win in the Men's Individual Time Trial, Tyler
Hamilton has delivered the first gold for American in men's road cycling
since Alexi Grewal won the Olympic road race in Mission Viejo twenty years
ago, and becomes with Lance Armstrong the only American man to medal in the
Olympic TT."

But what about Bobby?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 19th 04, 04:21 PM
K. J. Papai

"Steven L. Sheffield" .com...
From http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...ts/road_men_tt

"With his tremendous today win in the Men's Individual Time Trial, Tyler
Hamilton has delivered the first gold for American in men's road cycling
since Alexi Grewal won the Olympic road race in Mission Viejo twenty years
ago, and becomes with Lance Armstrong the only American man to medal in the
Olympic TT."
But what about Bobby?

I read an article this morning in the SF Chron from some Boston hack
writer who wrote "the 42-year-old" Ekimov's silver medal...

-Ken
Old August 19th 04, 06:03 PM
Marlene Blanshay

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message

From

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...ts/road_men_tt

"With his tremendous today win in the Men's Individual Time Trial, Tyler
Hamilton has delivered the first gold for American in men's road cycling
since Alexi Grewal won the Olympic road race in Mission Viejo twenty years
ago, and becomes with Lance Armstrong the only American man to medal in

the
Olympic TT."

But what about Bobby?

I think the belgians had a bigger gap. I was wondering when the last belgian
won a medal in the men's road race. THe last one I could find was 1964!
Walter Godefroot.

Old August 20th 04, 02:19 AM

"Marlene Blanshay" writes:

I think the belgians had a bigger gap. I was wondering when the last belgian
won a medal in the men's road race. THe last one I could find was 1964!
Walter Godefroot.

Here they all are....
http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

--