More safety in numbers?

Old April 28th 12, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default More safety in numbers?

THE number of serious injuries among cyclists on Surrey's roads has doubled
since 2008, a new report reveals.

In 2008 there were 50 KSIs (killed or seriously injured) among our cyclists,
but last year this jumped to 107, with one killed and 106 maimed.

"We realised we were seeing more serious injuries and did a detailed
analysis, and it turned out there were two main causes: firstly cyclists
falling off or hitting a companion, and cyclists hitting a vehicle coming
out of a 'give way' junction."

So the most common reason is not motorists, but 'cyclists falling off or
hitting a companion'

Safety in numbers? Apparently not.

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/R...ail/story.html

Old April 28th 12, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Unnecessary duplication

On Apr 28, 3:15*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
THE number of serious injuries among cyclists on Surrey's roads has doubled
since 2008, a new report reveals.

In 2008 there were 50 KSIs (killed or seriously injured) among our cyclists,
but last year this jumped to 107, with one killed and 106 maimed.

"We realised we were seeing more serious injuries and did a detailed
analysis, and it turned out there were two main causes: firstly cyclists
falling off or hitting a companion, and cyclists hitting a vehicle coming
out of a 'give way' junction."

So the most common reason is not motorists, but 'cyclists falling off or
hitting a companion'

Safety in numbers? *Apparently not.

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/R...cyclists/story...

There's a terrible echo in here. Couldn't you just have walked over to
118 Benn's desk and crosschecked this one with him?

safety in numbers Zebee Johnstone Australia 1 June 25th 09 05:32 AM
Safety in numbers? Clive George UK 13 March 31st 09 10:05 PM
Some data on Safety In Numbers. spindrift UK 22 November 10th 08 03:48 PM
Safety in Numbers Roos Eisma UK 249 September 17th 08 09:20 AM
Safety in Numbers. Simon Mason UK 11 April 23rd 05 09:34 PM