Kinesis All Carbon Saber road fork any good?

Old November 11th 03, 07:29 AM
Kovie

Default Kinesis All Carbon Saber road fork any good?

I recently purchased a Performance Forte Axis Pro all-carbon road fork along
with a Cane Creek S-2 HS & Forte Pro road stem for a pretty decent bundle
price, $190. Some online research indicates that this is a rebranded Kinesis
All Carbon Saber road fork. I bought it to upgrade an old steel Trek so it
didn't have to be a "name" fork such as Reynolds or Time, but that turned
out got to be more complex than expected so I decided to build up a new bike
instead. It'll be Campy Centaur 10spd equipped on a Habanero Ti road frame,
and I'm wondering if this is a good enough fork for it. Does anyone have any
experience with or knowledge of this fork, and how well it ranks against
other all-carbon forks? It seems pretty well-made and is certainly very
light, but I have no experience with carbon forks so I'm not sure how good
it is.

Incidentally, I'm a recreational rider looking to do mostly 30-70 mile
weekend rides, more often during the warmer months (more a matter of
daylight than temperature), and occasional light touring. No racing, so this
doesn't have to be a super stiff or whatever one wants in a racing fork.

--
Kovie
zen

Steel Frame vs Aluminum Frame w/ Carbon seat stays and carbon fork ydm9 General 6 April 12th 04 09:42 PM
Question about ride quality of aluminium with carbon stays Roy Techniques 82 September 9th 03 03:54 AM
chip in Carbon fork Snake Techniques 5 September 4th 03 01:20 AM
Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea? Mike Beauchamp General 116 August 18th 03 11:44 PM
Bianchi carbon fork with no spacer above stem peter gager Techniques 4 August 17th 03 09:17 PM