USA did not get better...

Old February 23rd 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Default USA did not get better...

The USA rout in the Winter Olympics is not because the USA got better,
it is obvious the rest of the world got worse. Two reasons I'm
speculating are the global economic depression, and the global warming
fright mongers have so distracted athletes that they can no longer
perform at the razor's edge necessary.

Old February 23rd 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Feb 23, 5:46*am, Cicero Venatio wrote:
The USA rout in the Winter Olympics is not because the USA got better,
it is obvious the rest of the world got worse. *Two reasons I'm
speculating are the global economic depression, and the global warming
fright mongers have so distracted athletes that they can no longer
perform at the razor's edge necessary.

Thanks, I thought it was we had better drugs.

Brad Anders
Old February 23rd 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Brad Anders wrote:
On Feb 23, 5:46 am, Cicero Venatio wrote:
The USA rout in the Winter Olympics is not because the USA got better,
it is obvious the rest of the world got worse. Two reasons I'm
speculating are the global economic depression, and the global warming
fright mongers have so distracted athletes that they can no longer
perform at the razor's edge necessary.

Thanks, I thought it was we had better drugs.

Brad Anders

I'm blaming the Canadian goalie.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 23rd 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Brad Anders wrote:
On Feb 23, 5:46 am, Cicero Venatio wrote:
The USA rout in the Winter Olympics is not because the USA got better,
it is obvious the rest of the world got worse. Two reasons I'm
speculating are the global economic depression, and the global warming
fright mongers have so distracted athletes that they can no longer
perform at the razor's edge necessary.

Thanks, I thought it was we had better drugs.

Brad Anders

I'm blaming the Canadian goalie.

Bob Schwartz

An excellent theory. The US also seems to win a lot of medals in the new
sports. Indeed, of winter games sports added in the last 4 games or so,
they seem to all be either women's versions of an extant sport (hockey),
sports derived from the X-Games, curling, or skeleton.

The US does well in women's sports, I think because it has a high
baseline women's-sports participation rate, and it's not competing
against incumbent women's sport traditions in a lot of these new sports
(Russia's women's hockey team, for example, is not in the same league as
Canada and the US).

OTOH, I think this is the first Olympics that an American woman has won
an alpine skiing medal.

Old February 24th 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Cicero Venatio wrote:

The USA rout in the Winter Olympics is not because the USA got better,
it is obvious the rest of the world got worse. Two reasons I'm
speculating are the global economic depression, and the global warming
fright mongers have so distracted athletes that they can no longer
perform at the razor's edge necessary.

¿Que?

--
Michael Press