'Hell for Lycra'

Old October 13th 07, 01:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default 'Hell for Lycra'

Oh god, the Weekend Australian magazine has discovered cycling, via
the Hellride. And look out, "the consequences can be dire". FFS, this
is from the newspaper industry that makes a living out of the car and
motorsport industries.

Donga

Old October 13th 07, 11:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_470_]

Donga Wrote:
Oh god, the Weekend Australian magazine has discovered cycling, via
the Hellride. And look out, "the consequences can be dire". FFS, this
is from the newspaper industry that makes a living out of the car and
motorsport industries.

Sounds like the usual bollox. Can you send a scan (mail or email?)

Here's a special 404 error page designed for just this sort of lazy
journalism, i.e.: why not pre-empt the upcoming silly season & beat them
to the punch?

http://www.cfsmtb.net/cfsmtb404.gif

--
cfsmtb

Old October 13th 07, 01:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Oct 13, 8:14 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2ye...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Donga Wrote:

Oh god, the Weekend Australian magazine has discovered cycling, via
the Hellride. And look out, "the consequences can be dire". FFS, this
is from the newspaper industry that makes a living out of the car and
motorsport industries.

Sounds like the usual bollox. Can you send a scan (mail or email?)

Here's a special 404 error page designed for just this sort of lazy
journalism, i.e.: why not pre-empt the upcoming silly season & beat them
to the punch?

http://www.cfsmtb.net/cfsmtb404.gif

--
cfsmtb

Hehehe.
Yep sure I'll send it to you.
It just dragged over all the usual stuff. You would think they could
do a sensational article on cycling by saying, "Cycling saves
thousands of middle aged men from being fat, bored, impotent and
morbid. Shock!"
I don't think I can read the whole thing. One passage was that men buy
flash bikes because they can't afford Porsches. I guess they don't
know cyclists have no penile deficiency complex and don't need a motor
to get hard.

Donga

Old October 13th 07, 01:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 13 Oct 2007 05:30:53 -0700
Donga wrote:
I don't think I can read the whole thing. One passage was that men buy
flash bikes because they can't afford Porsches. I guess they don't
know cyclists have no penile deficiency complex and don't need a motor
to get hard.

cue stories about cycling causing impotence

Zebee
Old October 14th 07, 01:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Donga wrote:
"
I don't think I can read the whole thing. One passage was that men buy
flash bikes because they can't afford Porsches. I guess they don't
know cyclists have no penile deficiency complex and don't need a motor
to get hard.

So we need a new spoke card that says "guess what works so I don't need
a porsche to compensate."

Needs to be a bit snappy. someone can work on that.

OTOH, reminds me of something that happened at work (merchant bank)
about the time the Swans moved to Sydney. They were all into buying n
the swans float at the time. My dept boss came in and told the other
dept bosses that he had also bought his son a porsche on the way into
work as an investment for him for the future.

Much disbelief, etc, etc, etc from the other guys, but eventually they
believed him.

After they had left, I quietly asked "Was this a toy porsche by any
chance?" We were having a chuckle for a few days over that.

So, perhaps you could buy a toy porsche, strap it to the back rack and
have a pithy sign that says; umm err,

a) Porsche transport Vehicle,
b) "AGE" eat your heart out"
c)I've got all three ,
d)......
Old October 14th 07, 02:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_471_]

Terryc Wrote:

So we need a new spoke card that says "guess what works so I don't
need
a porsche to compensate."

Needs to be a bit snappy. someone can work on that.

I've seen all types of spokecards, some even quite racy. How about a
really simple one, like either a flaming wheel with a Petty Girl or nice
bit of beefcake with the slogan "Hot to Trot"?

--
cfsmtb

Old October 14th 07, 04:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

cfsmtb wrote:
with the slogan "Hot to Trot"?

Hmm, might be an age thing, but beefcake isn't quite my first
association with HtT {:-).

Old October 14th 07, 05:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-10-14, Terryc wrote:
Donga wrote:
"
I don't think I can read the whole thing. One passage was that men buy
flash bikes because they can't afford Porsches. I guess they don't
know cyclists have no penile deficiency complex and don't need a motor
to get hard.

So we need a new spoke card that says "guess what works so I don't need
a porsche to compensate."

Needs to be a bit snappy. someone can work on that.

"No need to compensate" springs to mind.

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
| Affordable second hand bikes
(03) 9029 6504 | Bicycle reuse centre
www.humanpowered.com.au | Mechanical and on-road training and instruction
Old October 14th 07, 05:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_472_]

Terryc Wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
with the slogan "Hot to Trot"?

Hmm, might be an age thing, but beefcake isn't quite my first
association with HtT {:-).

It's a start, although when reaching a certain age there's more ladies
than gents, so don't be too self-disparaging!

--
cfsmtb

Old October 14th 07, 05:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

cfsmtb wrote:

It's a start, although when reaching a certain age there's more ladies
than gents, so don't be too self-disparaging!

err, thinking of something more "fundamental" {:-(.