“be somewhere else” to avoid anti-social cyclists

Old August 6th 18, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default “be somewhere else” to avoid anti-social cyclists

On 06/08/18 15:22, JNugent wrote:
On 06/08/2018 14:23, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/08/18 12:05, JNugent wrote:
On 06/08/2018 10:16, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/18 14:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/08/18 19:42, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins
everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent
events had grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part,
causing “hour after hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a
minority of cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and
urinating on their property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

As I write, there is a fete going on in the green space over the
road. We've had hour after hour of disturbance. Abandoned vehicles
blocking the road, fetists making a noise, music and the continuous
clatter of an ice cream van delivering noxious diesel fumes over my
property.

Which reminds me. While the road was blocked we had the usual stuck
motorist screaming and swearing away with the horn.

We already know that you object to the féte being held there.

I certainly object to moronists doing anything (and more) that you
object to about cyclists.

Oh, I also object to absolutely anybody cycling along footways and in
pedestrian-only areas, cycling the wrong way in one-way streets, failing
to comply with give way signs and cycling through traffic lights at red
as though the lights mean nothing.

I'm glad to learn that you object to the same things. I donn't recall
your ever having said so before, so that is real progress.

As I said above, I object to moronists doing the things you object to
about cyclists. Anyway, since we have established that you don't walk
anywhere your objections can't impinge on you.
Of course, it seems that you only object to it when it's a non-cyclist
doing it (which, being an impossibility, represents no real reservation).

The basic problem is that you forget that I do a lot more walking than you.