JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME

Old July 25th 18, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME

A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/
--
Bod
Old July 25th 18, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 3:11:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/
--
Bod

How much was actually donated?
I am always suspicious of these charity rides since they often mean 'pay for our holiday and we will give whats left over to charity.'
Old July 25th 18, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 25/07/2018 15:11, Bod wrote:

A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/

Nothing much to do with cycling as such, but... five months to raise
£6,000 between two of them?

Is that it?

Can junior doctors afford five months off just like that? I'm surprised
that they can. Surely they'd have been able to do more for the charity
by staying at work for five months and donating their salaries, or even
half of their salaries?
Old July 25th 18, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 25/07/2018 16:19, Simon Jester wrote:

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 3:11:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:

A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/

How much was actually donated?
I am always suspicious of these charity rides since they often mean 'pay for our holiday and we will give whats left over to charity.'

I hadn't thought of that, though I'm sure these two junior doctors were
well-meaning and honest in their dealings.
Old July 25th 18, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 4:19:57 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 3:11:35 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
A BRITISH couple has raised £6k for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
by cycling from Vietnam to Scotland over the course of five months.

“During our two years as junior doctors we have both seen the massively
beneficial effects that this charity has on the young lives of those
unlucky enough to be afflicted with illness early on in their lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...pital-charity/
--
Bod

How much was actually donated?
I am always suspicious of these charity rides since they often mean 'pay for our holiday and we will give whats left over to charity.'

I plan to fly first class from London to New York, rent a luxury car and drive to Los Angeles staying in 5* Hotels along the way then fly first class back to London. Give me some money and if there is anything left I will give it to charity.

Old July 25th 18, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 25/07/2018 17:42, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

So you want to use other peoples money.

--
Bod
Old July 25th 18, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 6:05:23 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
[...]

precisely the point.

BTW "Whoosh"

Old July 25th 18, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
paul george

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 17:42:44 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

On the Wirral we have an annual event called the Egg Run. It was supposed to be motorcyclists gathering Easter Eggs for children in hospital. Now it is just an excuse for moroncyclists to ride in a group and block roads. If they were really concerned about charity they would stay at home and donate the petrol money to their local hospital. Some of these 'charitable' riders travel 1000 miles to take part.
Old July 25th 18, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 25/07/2018 18:21, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

I don't get your point. No one has said that they would use any of

the charity money to assist their travels.

--
Bod

Plan Your Journey Skewer Australia 2 November 5th 06 07:37 AM
wonderful journey P.B.Riley-Jordan UK 13 June 5th 06 08:45 PM
The First Journey.. Unitik908 Unicycling 5 September 7th 05 05:34 AM
Journey from the End of the World Simon Brooke UK 3 February 15th 05 09:09 AM
the amazing journey JD Mountain Biking 7 January 25th 05 06:31 PM