Last night

Old August 1st 18, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Last night

I was visited by a bloke from my local "Labour Team".
He asked me if I had any grievances. If I had, he would raise the issue.
I said that I have a problem with cyclists blasting up and down on the
footpath in this area. Adult apes as well as kids.
Wait for it................................................ ...

He told me that it is legal for a person to ride on the footpath up to the
age of 18 and that he is a cyclist.
I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.
He offered me his hand, I declined.
It is scary that such a political person could be so stupid. But, he is a
cyclist.

Old August 1st 18, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 01/08/2018 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I was visited by a bloke from my local "Labour Team".
He asked me if I had any grievances. If I had, he would raise the issue.
I said that I have a problem with cyclists blasting up and down on the
footpath in this area. Adult apes as well as kids.
Wait for it................................................ ...

He told me that it is legal for a person to ride on the footpath up to the
age of 18 and that he is a cyclist.
I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.
He offered me his hand, I declined.
It is scary that such a political person could be so stupid. But, he is a
cyclist.

I had a similar problem with a PCSO woman, she had no idea that riding
electric scooters in a public place is illegal.
Old August 1st 18, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.
Old August 1st 18, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.

Cycling Offences - Cycling on the Pavement and other Pedestrianised Areas.
Under the Highways Act 1835 s.72 (as amended by s. 85(1) of the Local
Government Act 1888), cyclists must not cycle on a footway (pavement) and
must keep to the cyclists' side of a segregated cycle track.

Old August 1st 18, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.

Cycling Offences - Cycling on the Pavement and other Pedestrianised Areas.
Under the Highways Act 1835 s.72 (as amended by s. 85(1) of the Local
Government Act 1888), cyclists must not cycle on a footway (pavement) and
must keep to the cyclists' side of a segregated cycle track.

Quoted without attribution from

http://www.cyclelaw.co.uk/cycling-offences-cycling-on-the-pavement-and-other-pedestrianised-areas

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old August 1st 18, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.

Cycling Offences - Cycling on the Pavement and other Pedestrianised
Areas. Under the Highways Act 1835 s.72 (as amended by s. 85(1) of
the Local Government Act 1888), cyclists must not cycle on a footway
(pavement) and must keep to the cyclists' side of a segregated cycle
track.

Quoted without attribution from

http://www.cyclelaw.co.uk/cycling-offences-cycling-on-the-pavement-and-other-pedestrianised-areas

No.
Now, just **** off.

Old August 1st 18, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.

Cycling Offences - Cycling on the Pavement and other Pedestrianised
Areas. Under the Highways Act 1835 s.72 (as amended by s. 85(1) of
the Local Government Act 1888), cyclists must not cycle on a footway
(pavement) and must keep to the cyclists' side of a segregated cycle
track.

Quoted without attribution from

http://www.cyclelaw.co.uk/cycling-offences-cycling-on-the-pavement-and-other-pedestrianised-areas

No.

Yes it is. A direct copy and paste.

Now, just **** off.

Someone's miffed that it's been shown that you he hasn't read the Highways
Act.

Old August 1st 18, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 19:34:46 GMT, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee
wrote:

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:

http://www.cyclelaw.co.uk/cycling-of...the-pavement-a
nd-other-pedestrianised-areas

No.

Yes it is. A direct copy and paste.

Now, just **** off.

Someone's miffed that it's been shown that you he hasn't read the
Highways Act.

Maybe he got it from here instead?

http://www.bikehub.co.uk/featured-ar...g-and-the-law/

Also mentions OT cars on pavements.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old August 2nd 18, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

wrote:

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
[...]

No, the _exact_ wording, including parentheses and commas, is in the first
link I posted.

Old August 2nd 18, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/08/18 20:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 01/08/18 15:30, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I advised the bell-end to read the Highways Act.

Have you read it? Please quote the relevant section to us.

Cycling Offences - Cycling on the Pavement and other Pedestrianised Areas.
Under the Highways Act 1835 s.72 (as amended by s. 85(1) of the Local
Government Act 1888), cyclists must not cycle on a footway (pavement) and
must keep to the cyclists' side of a segregated cycle track.

In your starting post you said footpath.