anone have one of these puppy's?

Old April 15th 05, 04:59 PM
Steve Knight

Default anone have one of these puppy's?

I might have taken one of these over my limbo if I had known about them
http://www.ransbikes.com/zenetik.htm
though I am not sure they were out in October.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old April 15th 05, 07:19 PM
DougC

Steve Knight wrote:
I might have taken one of these over my limbo if I had known about them
http://www.ransbikes.com/zenetik.htm
though I am not sure they were out in October.

I haven't ridden one but I don't see the justification. The seating/hip
angle is semi-recumbent, but the neck and hand-numbness problems look
like they'd still be there. I think if I needed something for short
urban rides I'd just get a regular $400 MTB and put slicks on it, and
spend way less than $2000.....
Old April 15th 05, 10:54 PM

Almost have a "poser" there! Those similar bikes with a
s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d frame might even make recumbents seem fast on hills!
;-)

Old April 16th 05, 05:12 AM
Steve Knight

I haven't ridden one but I don't see the justification. The seating/hip
angle is semi-recumbent, but the neck and hand-numbness problems look
like they'd still be there. I think if I needed something for short
urban rides I'd just get a regular $400 MTB and put slicks on it, and
spend way less than $2000.....

there is some pressure on your hands on this model but not a lot. one lady has
one and really likes it. she can climb better with it then her road bike.
I don't think a little pressure on your hands is that big of a deal. it was not
really a issue with me on my racing bike and I have bad hands.
but this looks far more comfy then a road bike and is far cheaper then light
recumbent.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old April 16th 05, 09:19 AM
Steve Knight

I think if I needed something for short
urban rides I'd just get a regular $400 MTB and put slicks on it, and
spend way less than $2000.....

the seat would feel far better then a wedgie does. after three months on my bent
I could not handle my racing bike anymore. from the reviews of the lower models
they have been pretty good.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes