Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Screensaver Images

Old January 2nd 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

Default Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Screensaver Images

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 10:19:59 -0800 (PST), Sheldon Brown
wrote:

Patrick Lamb asked:

wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/screensaver

Neato. *Is there a story behind some of these pictures? *For example,
where was the watertown-cellar picture taken and what's in it? *Or
what's the background to the thorn-weston shot?

http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-screens...wn-cellar.html

Pardon the massive clip, but thanks for filling in some of the blanks.
Nice picture, by the way. Sort of reminds me of one a cousin of my
Dad made which showed all the people in a 10,000 person coliseum -- he
noted you couldn't make that picture today, because the fire marshal
is much more restrictive when you try to use that much flash power
than they were in 1947 or so. My new digital cameras are much easier
to use, but don't have quite the same sharpness...

http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-screens...rn-weston.html

The Thorn image was made, if memory serves, along the trail that
encircles Weston Reservoir, Weston, Mass.

Is/was there a Thorn importer in the states, or did you have to have
that shipped from the UK?

Pat

Email address works as is.
Old January 2nd 08, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Michael Press

In article ,
A Muzi wrote:

Sheldon Brown wrote:
It occurred to me that some other folks might like to use the bicycle
images from my screensaver, so I've prepared a collection of 127
images, all 1024 x 768 pixels, horizontal orientation that you're
welcome to download to use as a screensaver or desktop wallpaper....

Tom Sherman wrote:
Fabrizio Mazzoleni is in the collection:
http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-screensaver1024x768/pages/wrongwrongwrong.html.

Michael Press wrote:
Tires under inflated.

So, you're saying the title should have been 'wrongwrongwrongwrongwrong'?

--
Michael Press
Old January 2nd 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Just A User

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Just A User wrote:

M-gineering wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:

But why no recumbents in there Sheldon?

It was such a nice gesture from Sheldon. Why do you have to spoil it?

Lou
No boneshakers, ordinary's, hard tyres, triplets etc *), but last time
I looked a Greenspeed trike qualified as a recumbent.

I think Sheldon is owned an apology

*) non-conclusive summary not to be used for complaints

I didn't mean it to offend Sheldon. But I just didn't see any 'bents on
there. And I just looked again and still didn't see a Greenspeed. Can
you point it out to me or am I just blind.

You offended many people. Stop digging.

I have been coming to this group for more than a few years now and don't
really think I have offended anyone. I admitted that I didn't look far
enough to the right side of the web page in question. I apologized to
Sheldon. So F--k off.

Old January 2nd 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Michael Press

In article
,
Just A User wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Just A User wrote:

M-gineering wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:

But why no recumbents in there Sheldon?

It was such a nice gesture from Sheldon. Why do you have to spoil it?

Lou
No boneshakers, ordinary's, hard tyres, triplets etc *), but last time
I looked a Greenspeed trike qualified as a recumbent.

I think Sheldon is owned an apology

*) non-conclusive summary not to be used for complaints
I didn't mean it to offend Sheldon. But I just didn't see any 'bents on
there. And I just looked again and still didn't see a Greenspeed. Can
you point it out to me or am I just blind.

You offended many people. Stop digging.

I have been coming to this group for more than a few years now and don't
really think I have offended anyone. I admitted that I didn't look far
enough to the right side of the web page in question. I apologized to
Sheldon. So F--k off.

Cannot spell your vituperation properly, or no guts?

Since you have read posts here for more than a few
years, you are supposed to know better than direct a
recumbent snipe at one who has done far more for
bicycling than you have.

Let me amend one thing: keep digging.

--
Michael Press
Old January 2nd 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc, uk.rec.cycling
Ozark Bicycle

On Jan 2, 5:17*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
*Just A User wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
*Just A User wrote:

M-gineering wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:

[...]

"Supposed to know better"?? Who appointed you to make the "rules"
here, or anywhere else, Michael?

Let me amend one thing: keep digging.

Spending time with Sherman?
Old January 3rd 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Michael Press wrote:
Since you have read posts here for more than a few
years, you are supposed to know better than direct a
recumbent snipe at one who has done far more for
bicycling than you have....

Did not Sheldon Brown invent the bicycle?

POST FREE OR DIE!
Old January 3rd 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech, uk.rec.cycling
Jym Dyer

Did not Sheldon Brown invent the bicycle?

=v= He sketched the design in Da Vinci's notebook.
It was misattributed to Da Vinci, though.
_Jym_
Old January 3rd 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Just A User

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Just A User wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Just A User wrote:

M-gineering wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:

[...]

You know jacka$$ if keep trying to insult me, you better keep trying. I
will continue to read and post here. But if you continue to be a j.a.
you will earn a spot in my j.a. filter. Once you go there you don't
leave. So you keep digging.
Old January 3rd 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc, uk.rec.cycling
Sheldon Brown

Quoth Bill Sornson:

Besides, I highly doubt thatSheldonwas "offended" or insulted in the
least.

Au contraire! He was DEEPLY mortified. This is the worst thing that
has ever befallen him, and as a result of this thread he has so far
made three rather inept suicide attempts. The poor schlub is so upset
he can't even manage to expiate his tarnished honor effectively!

*First he tried breathing the exhaust from his Greenspeed recumbent
wheelchair, but that didn't work.

*Then he tried to hang himself with brake cable housing, but, of
course, it just stretched out and left him standing on the floor.

*Then he tried to make a noose out of SIS indexed housing, but it was
too stiff to tie a proper hangman's noose with.

Finally, he just gave up in profound despair, and now he's huddling
under his desk, refusing food or drink, hoping that will do the
trick. Time will tell.

Carapace Completed Umber
Howe's Bayou, Louisiana
+-----------------------------+
| Razors pain you; |
| Rivers are damp; |
| Acids stain you; |
| And drugs cause cramp; |
| Guns aren't lawful; |
| Nooses give; |
| Gas smells awful; |
| You might as well live. |
| --Dorothy Parker |
+-----------------------------+

Old January 4th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Michael Press

In article
,
Just A User wrote:

[...]