How fast Are You

Old August 28th 04, 12:01 AM
Tim Sheenan

Default How fast Are You

Reading Lance Armstrongs book " Lance Armstrongs Performance Book, 7 weeks
to the Perfect Ride.
One section says to test your fitness level, was to mark out a 3 mile
course, which is 4.8km's.
Standing start, with pretty flat track, and no wind.
If you can do it in under 8 minutes your are very good, Advanced rider.
Over 8 but less than 10 is intermediate.
Over 10 minutes is a recreational rider.

Is this a good guide, it took me 9 minutes 10 seconds, and I think I am not
that good.
Is this a good guide ?
Cheers,
Timmy

Old August 28th 04, 05:57 AM
flyingdutch

Alan Erskine Wrote:
"Tim Sheenan" wrote in messag
..
Reading Lance Armstrongs book " Lance Armstrongs Performance Book,

week
to the Perfect Ride
One section says to test your fitness level, was to mark out a 3 mil
course, which is 4.8km's
Standing start, with pretty flat track, and no wind
If you can do it in under 8 minutes your are very good, Advance

rider
Over 8 but less than 10 is intermediate
Over 10 minutes is a recreational rider

Is this a good guide, it took me 9 minutes 10 seconds, and I think

am no
that good
Is this a good guide
Cheers
Timm

Alan Erskin

funny

well, if my math is correct...
Sub 8 minutes is 36kph+
8-10 minutes is 36kp-28.8kph
and obviously 10+ minutes is over under 28.8kph
I woulda thawt someone who is 'advanced would be capable of over 45kp
on flat-no-wind conditions (can someone give me a melways ref of thi
mythical place?

--
flyingdutc

Old August 28th 04, 06:18 AM
Alan Erskine

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Alan Erskine Wrote:

funny

well, if my math is correct...
Sub 8 minutes is 36kph+
8-10 minutes is 36kp-28.8kph
and obviously 10+ minutes is over under 28.8kph
I woulda thawt someone who is 'advanced would be capable of over 45kph
on flat-no-wind conditions (can someone give me a melways ref of this
mythical place? )

--
flyingdutch

Dutchy, check the headers - it wasn't me you responded to.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old August 28th 04, 09:50 AM
flyingdutch

Alan Erskine Wrote:
"flyingdutch" wrot
message ..

Alan Erskine Wrote

funn

well, if my math is correct..
Sub 8 minutes is 36kph
8-10 minutes is 36kp-28.8kp
and obviously 10+ minutes is over under 28.8kp
I woulda thawt someone who is 'advanced would be capable of ove

45kp
on flat-no-wind conditions (can someone give me a melways ref of thi
mythical place?

-
flyingdutc

Dutchy, check the headers - it wasn't me you responded to

-
Alan Erskin
We can get people to the Moon in five years
not the fifteen GWB proposes
Give NASA a real challeng

i know. was more just thinkin bout the original response, re speed
which i thawt on the tame side for only a 8+ minute effort...
Apparently the forum mod's cant block 'im, so maybe we need to come u
with a diff tack to tackle mr. lose

--
flyingdutc

Old August 28th 04, 10:43 AM
Alan Erskine

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

i know. was more just thinkin bout the original response, re speeds
which i thawt on the tame side for only a 8+ minute effort...
Apparently the forum mod's cant block 'im, so maybe we need to come up
with a diff tack to tackle mr. loser

Tell George Bush Al Queda's based in Concord, California?

Old August 28th 04, 09:30 PM
MovingBoxes

so maybe we need

movingboxes

to mod all groups
Old August 28th 04, 09:32 PM
MovingBoxes

to tackle mr. loser Alan Erskine

movingboxes

yep it's about time to send him down river in a box

Old August 28th 04, 09:34 PM
MovingBoxes

Tell George Bush

movingboxes

Tell George Bush Al Queda is Alan Erskine
Old November 20th 04, 04:47 PM
Cyclist14

Tim Sheenan Wrote:
Reading Lance Armstrongs book " Lance Armstrongs Performance Book,
week
to the Perfect Ride
One section says to test your fitness level, was to mark out a 3 mil
course, which is 4.8km's
Standing start, with pretty flat track, and no wind
If you can do it in under 8 minutes your are very good, Advanced rider
Over 8 but less than 10 is intermediate
Over 10 minutes is a recreational rider

Is this a good guide, it took me 9 minutes 10 seconds, and I think I a
no
that good
Is this a good guide
Cheers
Timmy

I did not do this on a 3 mile course but I rode 12.8 miles of varyin
terrian with two medium hills in 42:53 today and my average speed wa
18 Mp

--
Cyclist14