add hops

Old August 11th 19, 07:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default add hops

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 05:36:46 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 10:18:07 +0700, John B. wrote:

I can't comment on Australians as "community figures" only as
individuals and I stand by my original assessment. Yes, we had an Aussie
worked for us that would literally drink until either you ran out of
beer or he fell over on his head and by the same token we had
Australians that never, at least on the job, touched a drop. In fact a
close friend is out to the pub every evening for a natter with his mates
and drinks one "stubbie" every evening. Says he'd look cheap if he asked
for a glass of water :-)

Tell him to ask for dry ginger ales. In Queensland, they want to know
what "that strong stuff you are drinking"

Err, which "stubby". The down south stubby or the darwin stubby.

Actually it is a "Thai" stubby :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 11th 19, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said Australians seem to have a reputation for binge drinking alcohol.

Though alcohol consumption as a whole is at a 50 year low in Australia,
we have this...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019-05-08/alcohol-risk-unclear-binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

--
JS
Old August 11th 19, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:54:15 +1000, James
wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said Australians seem to have a reputation for binge drinking alcohol.

Though alcohol consumption as a whole is at a 50 year low in Australia,
we have this...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019-05-08/alcohol-risk-unclear-binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

You may be correct and in the U.S. Australians are likely seen to be
big, strong, brave, heroes. After all that is what Crocodile Dundee
was... Aren't all Australians like that :-?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 12th 19, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...-risk-unclear-

binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

You may be correct and in the U.S. Australians are likely seen to be
big, strong, brave, heroes. After all that is what Crocodile Dundee
was... Aren't all Australians like that :-?

If all Australioans tried to emulate Mick Dundee, we'd have a pie of well
fed crocodiles.

Old August 12th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said Australians seem to have a reputation for binge drinking alcohol.

Though alcohol consumption as a whole is at a 50 year low in Australia,
we have this...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2019-05-08/alcohol-risk-unclear-binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

You may be correct and in the U.S. Australians are likely seen to be
big, strong, brave, heroes. After all that is what Crocodile Dundee
was... Aren't all Australians like that :-?

Calls for speculation about something I cannot speculate on. I am not a
USian. I don't have any gut feel about how the average USian sees
Australians. For all I know they've seen a couple of our politicians
and suspect we're all twits.

--
JS
Old August 12th 19, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said Australians seem to have a reputation for binge drinking alcohol.

Though alcohol consumption as a whole is at a 50 year low in Australia,
we have this...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...-risk-unclear-

binge-drinking-widespread/11088918

You may be correct and in the U.S. Australians are likely seen to be
big, strong, brave, heroes. After all that is what Crocodile Dundee
was... Aren't all Australians like that :-?

If all Australioans tried to emulate Mick Dundee, we'd have a pie of well
fed crocodiles.

I remember, when the movie first came out someone, on another site,
commented that he used to see Paul Hogan painting the Sidney Harbor
Bridge... not hunting crocodiles ;-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 12th 19, 08:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

[...]

Given that our politician in chief was actually responsible for a couple
of twi like tourism promotions for this country, that is a reasonable
premise.

Old August 12th 19, 08:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

[...]

That was his employment until he got picked up for a TV comedy sketch
show and then was selected to portray the mythical "Mick Dundee".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hogan

Old August 12th 19, 08:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

[...]

I have, after some of the U.S.'s more dramatic moves, identified
myself as a Canadian :-(
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 12th 19, 11:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

[...]

That’s like saying all Australians think all Americans are John Wayne. Or
Donald Trump. Or Elvis. Whomever. Only stupid people think in terms of
collective pronouns like that. Not saying stupid people don’t exist...

--
duane