components

Old June 20th 05, 08:04 AM
Josh Pool

Default components

hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
is it still xtr?

Old June 20th 05, 11:37 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Josh Pool wrote:
hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
is it still xtr?

There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano over
the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to rehash it.
Just google the group on those two items.

Oh and SRAM rules!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old June 20th 05, 03:04 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-20, Ride-A-Lot penned:
Josh Pool wrote:
hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components
these days. is it still xtr?

There have been more than enough discussions on SRAM and Sh!tmano
over the past few months for you to make a decision. No need to
rehash it. Just google the group on those two items.

Oh and SRAM rules!

I suspect the OP was asking this from ignorance. Within the Shimano
mountain biking components, yes, XTR is the "highest" level. But as
RAL pointed out, there are other brands. Well, one other brand,
anyway.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old June 28th 05, 03:51 PM

I 2nd that Sram rules

Old June 28th 05, 04:20 PM
JD

Josh Pool wrote:
hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
is it still xtr?

Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

JD

Old June 29th 05, 02:32 PM
Coyoteboy

Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

JD

What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

Old June 29th 05, 04:24 PM
JD

Coyoteboy wrote:
Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

JD

What ratios do you run for SS? I was thinking of setting up my hardtail
SS to gain some legs and fitness lol.

Just one, 2:1 aka 34x17.

JD

Old June 29th 05, 04:52 PM

JD wrote:
Josh Pool wrote:
hey everyone i was just wondering what are the best components these days.
is it still xtr?

Singlespeed components, especially White Industries ENO.

JD

Interesting. You're using it on the ss frame with horizontal rear
dropouts/fork ends?

/s