Cannondale

Old July 15th 03, 01:17 AM
toby

Default Cannondale

Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek 5200
and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles in my
area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on them
Thanks

Old July 15th 03, 03:16 AM
Top Sirloin

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:17:01 GMT, "toby" wrote:

Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek 5200
and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles in my
area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on them
Thanks

Well, I have a Cannondale and love it, and I bet a CAAD3,4 or 5 frame with
Ultegra (or even better, Veloce) from gvhbikes.com would be a better deal than a
"stock" Cannondale.

Scott Johnson
"There is nothing, I think, more unfortunate than
to have soft, chubby, fat-looking children who go
to watch their school play basketball every Saturday
and regard that as their week's exercise."
- John F. Kennedy, 1962
Old July 15th 03, 01:30 PM
Drew Cutter

Take a look at giant. A buddy of mine got the fiberglass(?) . Very light
bike. I would like to see an article on cannondale new bike that was ban
at the tour this year.

Old July 15th 03, 02:21 PM
David Storm

I've ridden a 1999 R1000 for 4 years (about 32,000 miles). It.s been
a very sturdy bike. I've had no problems with CAAD3 frame. Its
very stiff making it fast in the acceleration and a good climber. It's
very stable on fast, curvy descents. The only downer is that I
found is it's a bit of a shaker and rattler on rough roads even with
a carbon fork. I recently added a new Trek 5500 to my stable
and it gives a much softer ride but still pretty stiff. It's 2 lbs
lighter than Cannondale, and I find it just a tad more squirrelly on
descents. I'll still ride Cannondale now and then (on good roads)
just for variety.

.. .

Old July 15th 03, 09:41 PM
toby

It was a carbon frame!
New CAAD 8

Old July 15th 03, 10:45 PM
Jkpoulos7

The only downer is that I
found is it's a bit of a shaker and rattler on rough roads even with
a carbon fork.

Get an 853 steel bike

recently added a new Trek 5500 to my stable
and it gives a much softer ride but still pretty stif

Get an 853 bike

It's 2 lbs
lighter than Cannondale, and I find it just a tad more squirrelly on
descents.

**** before you ride and you'll lose a pound. Get a Lemond for quality
descending.
Old July 16th 03, 09:38 PM
Jkpoulos7

I hope you're joking.

Anybody who's anybody has long ago given up on
that lame drain pipe stuff.

If people like to be beat up on a bike aluminum is fine.