Rank Theses Bikes From Best to Worst

Old July 16th 03, 09:31 AM
Rich

Default Rank Theses Bikes From Best to Worst

I am in the market for an entry level road bike. How do these bikes rank?
Trek 1000
Specialized Alez Sport
Swinn Fastback Sport
Raleigh Grand Sport

Any input will be appreciated.

Old July 16th 03, 11:37 AM
Ruger9

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:31:18 GMT, "Rich" wrote:

I am in the market for an entry level road bike. How do these bikes rank?
Trek 1000
Specialized Alez Sport
Swinn Fastback Sport
Raleigh Grand Sport

Any input will be appreciated.

In that price range, you might want to check out a couple of house
brand bikes: you'll get a better component level for your $$.

SuperGo Scattante (R-650)

Performance Bike Forte

Ruger9

#1 - the one that fits best/feels best when you ride it.

#2-4 the rest

Get out and test ride, your body will tell you which is best.

- rick
Old July 16th 03, 09:35 PM
Jkpoulos7

How do these bikes rank?
Trek 1000
Specialized Alez Sport
Swinn Fastback Sport
Raleigh Grand Sport

You have them in the order I'd pick. However you forgot some other bikes at
that price that may be better deals- Fuji has some at www.bikesdirect.com .
All you listed have aluminum frames and will deliver a harsh ride (Even my wife
says my Lemond is like a Cadillac compared to her Allez Sport)