Mountain Biking Takes Another Victim

Old February 25th 04, 11:58 AM
spademan o---[\) *

Default Mountain Biking Takes Another Victim

"Michael Dart" wrote in message
In ,
Michael Paul typed:
"Kamus of Kadizhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:09:29 +0000, Michael Paul wrote:

Not to be outdone, those "extreme" hikers are also likely to fall
victim to the unforseen.........

And for the truly bizzare, didn't Atkins die from slipping on a
sidewalk? Yeesh, I think I'll cut my feet off....

--Kamus

for odds on the bizarre, check out the full story he

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/f...z1c22odds.html

but excerpts:

Chances of dying from a mountain lion attack in California 1 in 32
million Chance of dying from contact with hot tap water 1 in 5,005,564
Chance of dying from a car accident: 1 in 18,585
Chance of dying in an airplane accident: 1 in 354,319
Chance of dying from parts falling off an airplane: 1 in 10,000,000

Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1
Odds of getting hemorrhoids: 25 to 1
Odds of being on plane with a drunken pilot: 117 to 1 (Am I the only
one distrubed by this one?)
Odds of writing a New York Times best seller: 220 to 1
Odds of catching a ball at a major league ballgame: 563 to 1
Odds of becoming president: 10 million to 1

and the grandaddy of them all.............Odds of a meteor landing on
your house 182,138,880,000,000 to 1

Michael

Damn...life is still 100% fatal.

Not true. Is everybody that ever lived dead? Are you dead?

Steve.

Old February 27th 04, 12:51 AM
Andy Chequer

Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1

It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it will
kill you.

Andy Chequer alrighty

Old February 27th 04, 03:11 AM
S o r n i

Andy Chequer wrote:
Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1

It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it
will kill you.

That's why I grow beards from time to time.

Bill "cheating the devil" S.

Old February 27th 04, 05:38 PM
Joel Crum

"Andy Chequer" m wrote in
:

Odds of dying from shaving 6,585 to 1

It's sobering to think that if you shave once a day for 18 years it will
kill you.

Andy Chequer alrighty

Just injure you actually. That one surprised me so much I looked it up in
the article and it's not a death sentance.

--
- Joel C.

Mountain Biking Takes Another Victim spademan o---[\) * Mountain Biking 5 February 27th 04 05:38 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 01:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 06:14 AM