Typical Dishonest Mountain Biker Tries to Justify Their Selfish,Destructive Sport

Old February 26th 04, 07:04 PM
bkr

Default Typical Dishonest Mountain Biker Tries to Justify Their Selfish,Destructive Sport

Mike Vandeman wrote:

That should be obvious to any moron.

Well it isn't obvious to this moron. Could you be more specific? And
it really hurts my feelings that you call me names. It's not my fault
I'm challenged.

Learn to READ: "riding a bike off of paved roads is no fun at all!"

That is one opinion. I have a different one.

.It appears by your own comments
.(as I said, it is difficult to tell if it was you riding the bike or
.somebody else), that you are a wuss because you can not tolerate precisely
.the part of the sport that most people are attracted to the sport for.

The pain? BS.

Sometimes the pain. No BS. Sometimes, it's just the trhill of speed
and control. You may not believe a mountain biker has control, but I
guarantee I have more control of my bike than you could imagine. It
might not look like it, but I do, not all the time mind you, but most of
the time. Sometimes I ride for the precise reason you do on pavement,
just to enjoy being out and the views. If you think you can't see the
views and ride at the same time, I invite you to join me for a ride
sometime.

.It is in these remote locations
.that they get the full enjoyment of the trip.

So they miss 99% of it, JUST AS I SAID.

Again, this is your opinion. Maybe for the rider, that is 100% of what
they are interested in getting out of the ride. Their sole purpose for
using a mountain bike to get there may, in fact, be simply to enjoy 100%
of what they came to enjoy, that much faster?

While the actual riding part
.is being undertaken, they simply enjoy the fresh air and the view of the
.distant hills, forests, and mesas.

BS. You can't enjoy "distant views" without crashing.

See above comments, but I will respectfully disagree with you here.
Perhaps YOU can't enjoy distant views while riding, but I assure you,
that others can.

. Hikers
.themselves have different levels of awareness among themselves, and it is
.entirely likely that a hiker can have less awareness of his surroundings
.than a bike rider.

BS. Impossible, for the reasons I stated.

So it is your assertion that all hikers have the same level of awareness
while hiking? So how did the lady die from the tree falling on her? Or
for that matter, how do you explain some people going out for a hike and
coming home injured while others don't? As for bikers having more
awareness, I would think in most instances you are correct, but I've
ridden by people who were hiking or fishing and just enjoying their
surroundings who never even knew there were deer right behind them.
Doesn't seem too aware to me, but I saw the deer, off trail, watching.
Who was more aware in that situation?

bkr

Old February 26th 04, 08:02 PM
rick etter

"bkr" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman wrote:

That should be obvious to any moron.

Well it isn't obvious to this moron. Could you be more specific? And
it really hurts my feelings that you call me names. It's not my fault
I'm challenged.

Learn to READ: "riding a bike off of paved roads is no fun at all!"

That is one opinion. I have a different one.

=======================
Sounds like he's part of the drive then to pave everything in sight so that
he can ride in comfort, eh?
Pave over wilderness, eh Mickey? Oh wait, I thought you hated pavement!
Ummm..

ps, Bob jumped....

snippage...

Old February 27th 04, 04:10 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:04:10 -0500, bkr wrote:

..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..
[...]

You missed my point completely, PROVING you are a moron. Controlling your bike
precludes your paying atention to anything else.

It
..might not look like it, but I do, not all the time mind you, but most of
..the time. Sometimes I ride for the precise reason you do on pavement,
..just to enjoy being out and the views. If you think you can't see the
..views and ride at the same time, I invite you to join me for a ride
..sometime.

I don't care to see blood.

.. .It is in these remote locations
.. .that they get the full enjoyment of the trip.
..
.. So they miss 99% of it, JUST AS I SAID.
..Again, this is your opinion. Maybe for the rider, that is 100% of what
..they are interested in getting out of the ride.

Right, which is 1% of what hikers get out of it.

Their sole purpose for
..using a mountain bike to get there may, in fact, be simply to enjoy 100%
..of what they came to enjoy, that much faster?
..
..
.. While the actual riding part
.. .is being undertaken, they simply enjoy the fresh air and the view of the
.. .distant hills, forests, and mesas.
..
.. BS. You can't enjoy "distant views" without crashing.
..See above comments, but I will respectfully disagree with you here.
..Perhaps YOU can't enjoy distant views while riding, but I assure you,
..that others can.

I guess that's what that poor kid in Malasia was doing, when he crashed & killed
himself.

[...]

You can watch for deer, if you don't look out for obstacles! Good luck!

..bkr

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande