The Great Central Park Traffic Calming Ride Rolls Again!

Old May 13th 04, 04:13 PM
Jym Dyer

Default The Great Central Park Traffic Calming Ride Rolls Again!

=v= If you go to this website, you'll see exactly the same
text as this article, plus a nifty graphic:

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/di...3202/index.php

_Jym_

THE GREAT CENTRAL PARK TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE ROLLS AGAIN!

This is a ride in Manhattan's Central Park to help make park
roads auto-free.

When: Friday, May 14, 2004, 6:00 p.m.
Whe Meet at the 6th Avenue and 59th Street entrance
to the park

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern
Loop Road. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.

The ride lasts about one hour or until the start of the park's
auto-free hours.

See also:
http://www.times-up.org/traffic.php
Old May 14th 04, 01:53 AM
Scott Eiler

Jym Dyer wrote:

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern
Loop Road. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.

Sounds pretty in-your-face passive-aggressive to me.

--
-------- Scott Eiler B{D -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ --------

"It seemed an unlikely spot for a sensitive songwriter from Greenwich
Village... She ordered the 20-ounce steak."
-- Lin Brehmer, Chicago DJ, describing his meeting in a steakhouse
with Suzanne Vega.

Old May 14th 04, 01:44 PM
tk

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern
Loop Road. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.

Sounds pretty in-your-face passive-aggressive to me.

I would think 'in-your-face' and 'passive-aggressive' are mutually
exclusive.

Kantor (1992, p. 177) notes that the term passive-aggressive clearly
describes a discrete behavior

Old May 15th 04, 02:51 PM
Scott Eiler

tk wrote:

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern
Loop Road. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.

Sounds pretty in-your-face passive-aggressive to me.

I would think 'in-your-face' and 'passive-aggressive' are mutually
exclusive.

Kantor (1992, p. 177) notes that the term passive-aggressive clearly
describes a discrete behavior

Any kind of behavior can be in-your-face, if you do it where your target
can't help but notice. I personally think, "non-confrontational" and
"traffic calming" is much more of a mutual exclusion.

Old May 15th 04, 07:17 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Scott Eiler wrote:

tk wrote:

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern
Loop Road. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.

Sounds pretty in-your-face passive-aggressive to me.

I would think 'in-your-face' and 'passive-aggressive' are mutually
exclusive.

Kantor (1992, p. 177) notes that the term passive-aggressive clearly
describes a discrete behavior

Any kind of behavior can be in-your-face, if you do it where your target
can't help but notice. I personally think, "non-confrontational" and
"traffic calming" is much more of a mutual exclusion.

Quotation marks around "traffic calming" duly noted. ;-)

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old May 19th 04, 06:56 PM
Jym Dyer

Default The Prospect Park Traffic Calming Ride Rolls Again!

=v= If you go to this website, you'll see exactly the same
text as this email message, plus a nifty graphic:

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/di...3691/index.php

_Jym_

THE PROSPECT PARK TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE ROLLS AGAIN!

This is a ride in Brooklyn's Prospect Park to help make park
roads auto-free.

When: Friday, May 21st, 2004, 6:00 p.m.
Whe Meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance to the park.

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane through the
park. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars. The
ride lasts about one hour or until the start of the park's
auto-free hours.

Last week's traffic-calming ride in Central Park was quite the
success:

Old May 19th 04, 09:29 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Jym Dyer wrote:

=v= If you go to this website, you'll see exactly the same
text as this email message, plus a nifty graphic:

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/di...3691/index.php

_Jym_

THE PROSPECT PARK TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE ROLLS AGAIN!

This is a ride in Brooklyn's Prospect Park to help make park
roads auto-free.

When: Friday, May 21st, 2004, 6:00 p.m.
Whe Meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance to the park.

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane through the
park. This is a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars. The
ride lasts about one hour or until the start of the park's
auto-free hours.

So, once the cars are gone, you go too? You do have a very strange
definition of non-confrontational.

Steve