Discover team for Dauphine-LIbre and Tour de Suisse

Old June 8th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Discover team for Dauphine-LIbre and Tour de Suisse

I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

Old June 8th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
paolo

On Jun 8, 12:15 pm, " wrote:
I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

I suspect some riders need a little more recovery time then others.
Also, the real reason probably is contractual with the sponsor, i.e.
getting as much exposure in europe as possible - which is the reason
why rider counts per team have grown over the years. The days of top
riders hitting 200 races a year are long gone!

Old June 8th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

paolo wrote:

On Jun 8, 12:15 pm, " wrote:
I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

I suspect some riders need a little more recovery time then others.
Also, the real reason probably is contractual with the sponsor, i.e.
getting as much exposure in europe as possible - which is the reason
why rider counts per team have grown over the years. The days of top
riders hitting 200 races a year are long gone!

That and you can only store a very limited supply of your own blood over
the off-season. Now with a two year lay-off however ...

--
Bill Asher
Old June 9th 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I was just thinking that Discovery would want it's TDF to spend time
racing together so that they can refine their tactics and strategy.

I am not certain if their TDF has raced together this season. Perhaps
they did in the Tour of California.

Old June 11th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Grosman

a écrit dans le message de news:
|I was just thinking that Discovery would want it's TDF to spend time
| racing together so that they can refine their tactics and strategy.
|
| I am not certain if their TDF has raced together this season. Perhaps
| they did in the Tour of California.
|

| On Jun 8, 2:58 pm, paolo wrote:
| On Jun 8, 12:15 pm, " wrote:
|
| I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the
Dauphine-
| Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
| day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
| that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??
|
| I suspect some riders need a little more recovery time then others.
| Also, the real reason probably is contractual with the sponsor, i.e.
| getting as much exposure in europe as possible - which is the reason
| why rider counts per team have grown over the years. The days of top
| riders hitting 200 races a year are long gone!

It done for the same reason that whole teams don't fly together- in case of
catastrophy. This way, if the cops raid the team at one event and those
riders get disqualified for the Tour, there are still some "A listers"
available.

Old June 14th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jun 8, 1:15 pm, " wrote:
I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

I now wonder if Tom Danielson will appear in the Tour de Suisse.
http://www.tds.ch/tourdesuisse/franc...r/tds_dsc.html

Old June 15th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

DirtRoadie writes:

G On Jun 8, 1:15 pm, " wrote:
I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

I now wonder if Tom Danielson will appear in the Tour de Suisse.
http://www.tds.ch/tourdesuisse/franc...r/tds_dsc.html

You can wonder all you like

It isn't going to happen

Firstly, like all the rest of that squad, he's a useless ******

And secondly the rules forbid him riding without the permission of the
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Organizer

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old June 15th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jun 14, 9:49 pm, Davey Crockett
wrote:
DirtRoadie writes:

I now wonder if Tom Danielson will appear in the Tour de Suisse.
http://www.tds.ch/tourdesuisse/franc...r/tds_dsc.html

You can wonder all you like

It isn't going to happen

Firstly, like all the rest of that squad, he's a useless ******

I'l be sure to tell him that you think so when I next see him.

And secondly the rules forbid him riding without the permission of the
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Organizer

Please elaborate - what rules?

DR

Old June 15th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
DirtRoadie writes:

I now wonder if Tom Danielson will appear in the Tour de Suisse.
http://www.tds.ch/tourdesuisse/franc...r/tds_dsc.html

You can wonder all you like

It isn't going to happen

Firstly, like all the rest of that squad, he's a useless ******

I'l be sure to tell him that you think so when I next see him.

And secondly the rules forbid him riding without the permission of the
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Organizer

Please elaborate - what rules?

I'd assume UCI rules that you can't drop out of one race and then ride
another that would be going on at the same time as the first.
--
JT
****************************
Old June 15th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 15, 2:45 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

And secondly the rules forbid him riding without the permission of the
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Organizer

Please elaborate - what rules?

I'd assume UCI rules that you can't drop out of one race and then ride
another that would be going on at the same time as the first.

Right, but in cases where someone gets ill and drops out the first day
the race organizer will usually grant permission if the team asks for
it. The thing they don't like is when some sprinter sticks around for
the flat stages, then claims illness as soon as the road points
uphill, then recovers miraculously and tries to line up for another
race.

Tour-de-Suisse stage 9 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 June 18th 06 09:11 PM
Tour-de-Suisse stage 7 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 June 17th 06 08:18 AM
OF Tour d' Suisse billb Racing 2 June 17th 06 03:58 AM
Tour-de-Suisse stage 6 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 June 15th 06 08:11 PM
Tour de Suisse BernardH Racing 18 June 13th 04 08:06 AM