New KH Hub, defective??

Old August 22nd 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

Default New KH Hub, defective??

I just recieved a new KH Hub for the muni I am building and right away,
the orientation of the crank arms looked kinda "off", like they were
not quite at 12 and 6 o'clock. I tried moving them to different
positions on the splines and to the other side, but the odd orientation
remained. In the attached photos, I illustrated this "gap" by
placing both crank arms on the splines at the 12 0'clock position on a
flat surface.

I think this looks like more than just a slight manufacturing error, I
guess I expected more from KH??
Anyone seen this before? What do you think?
Should I ask for a replacement hub/crank arms??

Brycer1968

|Filename: 004.JPG |

brycer1968
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

definitely ask for a replacement; you payed for a top of the line hub,
and to settle for less would be an insult to your intelligence.

--
zfreak220

Nimbus ISIS Trials fund: $368.71/$300-ish hopefully
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

he just put them like that to show how "off" the splines were.

Old August 22nd 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

"umm... how about putting them on the right way?
try and then keep complaining if necessary"

Umm, not complaining, I did try putting them on the right way, but the
arms are off that same 1/4" in the correct positions, making me think
the hub is defective. Point being that I don't want to invest wheel
building time/$$ if the hub is defective.

Other thoughts??

--
brycer1968
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

could you switch the cranks around and take another picture? see if the
left side still sticks up with the cranks changed. then you can see if
it's your cranks or your hub that needs to be replaced.

Old August 22nd 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

zfreak220 wrote:
he just put them like that to show how "off" the splines were.

yeah, but it may be that way just because they arent the way they are
supposed to be. but as he said apparently not

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

you should send them back and ask for new ones but ive ridden a few
months with what looks worse than my avatar

--
unibikeling

Everyone hates clowns

Ive gone about the whole summer without unicycling, I procrastenated on
sending some cranks back

When I bent my first set of crankarms, I thought it was bad thing; when
i jumped off of a picnic table, well, my photo says it. thats about a
20-30 degree bend.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fist

zfreak220 wrote:
could you switch the cranks around and take another picture? see if the
left side still sticks up with the cranks changed. then you can see if
it's your cranks or your hub that needs to be replaced.

Yea i was just gonna say exactly this. Try and pin point the exact
problem before trying to get it replaced.

--
fist
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

fist wrote:
Yea i was just gonna say exactly this. Try and pin point the exact
problem before trying to get it replaced.

after you identify the problem just e-mail kris about sending you a new
hub, he's a real nice guy. E-mail-

--
kerosian

Farmdale Freeride September 29-30th

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
can do with them

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

How do you know it isn't one of the cranks?

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com