Does cycling.tv always suck this bad

Old March 22nd 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Does cycling.tv always suck this bad

Page won't even load half the time, when it does it is slow as ****
and can't load the login page.

So happy I paid for this to watch the races.
Old March 22nd 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

you're watching online right? call the cable people. you know
broadband? your rig isn't picking up enough coded bits to asemble the
information. try a different port. the input system may have 2-3 types
of ports, one more effective for reassembling the bits into
information.
I'm using Vista. Vista tells me what to do, which is not repeatable
here, when a low bit count is counted by the bit wizard. It sez, move
cable to another port and start over.
Old March 22nd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

and avoid asking the system for extra tasks while watching. check that
in the task manager area.
also possible-accessing the material at 3AM, leaving the system on for
whenever time the race programing material is sent your way.
turn down the screen bit count, color choices, simplyfy
Old March 22nd 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
HC

Cycling.tv sucks ass!

I stopped my perscription because of their technical problems and zero
customer service.

The only way they'll get it is if you send 100s of e-mails and then stop
your subscription.

I doubt that they'll ever be ready for pime time if they haven't fixed their
problems by now.

Old April 1st 08, 09:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MJ Ray

"David B." wrote:
They have a great idea but nobody to execute it. I thought when they
got bought out that it might improve. Guess not.

People keep paying them - what incentive is there to improve? They'll
probably carry on milking cycling fans for a few years, then change
name and/or get sold and try it again.

Anyone in Europe really should try DVB-Satellite instead IMO. Maybe
not quite all the same races, but ~EUR120 to buy, then free.

Regards,
Cycling on Satellite TV: http://www.cyclingfans.net/satellite
Free Sat TV FAQ: http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2006/astefaq
Webmaster cooperative @ WsM, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/