Can someone compare Selle Italia flite and prolink gelflow saddles?

Old July 23rd 03, 10:40 PM
Wesley Dunnington

Default Can someone compare Selle Italia flite and prolink gelflow saddles?

Hi,

I'm trying to pick a new saddle for my bike, since the old one is pretty
much worn out.

I've pretty much narrowed my search down to either the Selle italia flite
gelflow
and the Selle italia prolink gelflow -

They look pretty similar in pictures, and I've only been able to find the
flite here locally.

If anyone has seen both, or ideally, ridden both, I'm curious what the
differences are.

Thanks

wesley

Old July 24th 03, 03:29 AM
Fred Roses

"Wesley Dunnington" wrote in message news:QgDTa.115526$OZ2.22511@rwcrnsc54...
Hi,

I'm trying to pick a new saddle for my bike, since the old one is pretty
much worn out.

I've pretty much narrowed my search down to either the Selle italia flite
gelflow
and the Selle italia prolink gelflow -

They look pretty similar in pictures, and I've only been able to find the
flite here locally.

If anyone has seen both, or ideally, ridden both, I'm curious what the
differences are.

Thanks

wesley

They are slightly diferent shape. The tail (sit bone areas) of the
Prolink are flatter whereas the Flite curves downward, and the nose of
the Prolink rises up and then dips down, while the Flite's nose is
essentially flat. On the Prolink this creates a slightly recessed area
in the middle of the saddle.

Also, the Prolink has a much more elaborate substructure with
carbon-wrapped rails, a suspension "spring" under the nose, and
foam/elastomer "isolators" between the tail of the saddle and the
rails. I believe all this "technology" makes the Prolink a little
heavier than the Flite.

I have them both. For me the Prolink works superbly.