Just say "No"!?

Old July 12th 03, 08:41 AM
tomblackwood

Default Just say "No"!?

dustin wrote:
*I knew I guy who let someone try his six foot schwinn giraffe...when
the someone was mounting he didn't make it all the way up and his foot
came down on the frame turning it into a V. Broken giraffe
neck...PETA had a fit. *

Beavis: ehhhe ehheh hhhneh eh. He said "mounting"....
Butthead: nnhhh uhhh what the hell does weird bread have to do with
unicycling.
Both: hehh nnhheh uhhnhh hehh nnhheh.

--
tomblackwood - Under-prepared Dork (UPD)

My other brake is my face!

Old July 12th 03, 09:38 PM
evilewan

if i get asked i generaly say no these days.
tell them it's dangerous
tell them its dificult.
show them the scars on my legs
tell them the pedals are covered in my blood (thanks sofa)

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Old July 12th 03, 11:04 PM
evilewan

i live in the town centre in a place where drinking is a verry popular
activity, i have a practice hall in the evening. and i ride my unicycle
their and back.
so most of the people who ask for a go are drunk and i say no.
also i'm quite often in a hurry, so i don't have the time,
other times i'm just bored of people asking for a go just because they
want to show off in front of their mates, not because they actualy want
to learn, so i say no.

you'd have to live in small town scotland to understand just how
irritating/worthless some of the people here are when their drunk.

--
evilewan - death or glory

Old July 12th 03, 11:56 PM
MUNIYETI

There is one reason to say just plain "No" ...... Would you go up to a
stranger and ask if you could try out his car or motorcycle or
girlfriend or whatever?...... seems to me they probably should have the
manners to not ask in the first place...

--
MUNIYETI
MUNIYETI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4183

Old July 13th 03, 03:42 PM
Naomi

"dustin" wrote in message

After most of my shows (back when I did shows) I leave out several uni's
and give everyone the opportunity to try them out. I have 3 20's with
tame pedals, a 20 mod trials, a 24x3 MUni and a 24in racing uni that I
let em have a go at. The last three have nasty pedals and I give people
a good warning about those.

I too am happy to let people have a go, but they have to receive the old
government health warning from me first. Adults I choose not to help too
much, being ever mindful that even in the UK compensation law is being used
at times for idiotic claims. ( Anyone else read about the burglar who
claimed compensation successfully, having cut himself on the window he broke
to get in....wrong type of glass fitted!) "At your own risk". is
emphasised greatly for would be riders of my uni!
I don't use pin pedals, as I have generated enough damage and lost enough
blood from the backs of my own legs with fairly innocuous looking rubber
pedals. It astonishes me, the pedals some people use. I admit their skill
levels are far higher than my own (at least in some cases) , but riding with
a medieval mantrap on each crank is not for me at the moment.
I'll stick with the girly pedals..

Naomi ;-)

Old July 14th 03, 06:47 AM
XWonka