Amazing Photo

Old July 16th 03, 09:41 PM
johnfoss

Default Amazing Photo

She is *gliding.* Come to UNICON next year and see her in person! It'll
be in Tokyo.

--
johnfoss - On the Cutting Edge

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
jfoss [at] unicycling [.] com
www.unicycling.com

Old July 18th 03, 01:39 AM
tron

Just curious, how long would you say it takes to get to that level? I
realize it all depends on how much practice you're willing to put into
it, and how effective practice is. For me, I learned WWing in some
time, then got to 1-foot WW for 10m with about 3 weeks of practice,
averaging an hour a day. Gliding probably came in another month, with
less practice on average. If I were to spend 1 hour a day diligently
working on a specific skill set (organized routine), how long would you
guess it would take me to learn stand-up 1-foot gliding?

--
tron - -= J. Alan Atherton =-

- J. Alan Atherton
Just my 10 bytes.
tron's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/405

Old July 18th 03, 02:08 PM
unicycleboy

Ah yes the japanese, They seemed to amaze me at unicon 11 as well
certianlly a good inpiration for me because i like my freetyling. the
best trick I witnessed was a backwards glide into pirrotte then back
into normal riding been done by a little girl.

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Onza Uni Rider
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old July 18th 03, 08:30 PM
johnfoss

tron wrote:
*Just curious, how long would you say it takes to get to that level?
*

I'm not sure who that is, but I'm estimating her age to be about 16 or
less. She probably learned to ride in elementary school, so figure a
maximum of about 10 years. Less than most people would think!

*If I were to spend 1 hour a day diligently working on a specific
skill set (organized routine), how long would you guess it would take
me to learn stand-up 1-foot gliding? *

Do you mean with your other foot waay up in the air, and your arms in a
ballet pose? It's impossible to say. People learn at incredibly
different rates, and the biggest factor is motivation, followed by
innate ability. If you really, really wanted to do that move, you should
have it down in less than a year.

Old July 19th 03, 03:35 AM
Unimoron

Woah, she must be some hot chic.

....(Pardon me, very good flexibility! Now if I could lift my leg that
high...)

--
Unimoron - The only Genius is Norman Einstien

Everyone is Entitled to my Opinion.
Unimoron's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2270

Old July 20th 03, 11:41 PM
jagur

Unimoron wrote:
*Woah, she must be some hot chic.

....(Pardon me, very good flexibility! Now if I could lift my leg that
high...) *

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...luestripe.gif]

Old July 21st 03, 01:08 AM
Ender

I think there are videos of her or somebody as good as her doing some
pretty crazy stuff. I don't know where to find them though. I watched
one on my friends computer. anybody know where to download?

-sam

--
Ender - member of the Hell on Wheel gang
Ender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3721

Old July 21st 03, 05:19 AM
jagur

john_childs wrote:
*Here is a link to a video that shows a rider doing that stand up leg
outstretched swan move:
http://www.ichirin.ne.jp/video/sin02h-1.wmv *

i saw this vid awile ago and forgot till now to mention that it appears
she has a cast on her wrist.

when she spins its on her outside arm,maybe its not a cast but some sort
of spinning aid?

Old July 21st 03, 05:27 AM
Unimoron

jagur wrote:
*dont you lift your leg that high every time you pee? *

........I'd call you a jackass, but it would just be a shame. I needn't
ask you the same question.

Old July 21st 03, 11:59 AM
gingerfreek

i saw the video for the unicon in japan, which had all of the freestyle
competition on- utterly amazing! i saw a japaneese man stand-up glide
into a pirruette then back to pedals again, it was crazy. there was one
12 year old japaneese boy who had reached level ten and only started to
ride at age 10!!!! apparently the youngest level 10 rider!

iain

--
gingerfreek - unicyclist of mass destruction.

I use my wheel as a weapon!
gingerfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3507