NAUCC 2003 Pics

Old August 5th 03, 11:02 PM
UniBrier

Default NAUCC 2003 Pics

I've put up some NAUCC pics at
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/NAUCC2003 . These are nested in
the UniBrier galleries.

So far I have done two galleries. My pics are sporatic, the more
involved I was in an activity the less likely I was to take pics.

A lot of the flaming puck hockey pics were flash then extended exposure
to get the idea of the flaming ball. That is why there is blur and
ghosts.

The 10K pics were at the finish, many are of personal interest (my
kid).

I accidentally deleted all of yesteday's pics so I am going to make
backup copies before upload any of the the rest.

I'll post again after I sort and upload out of the remaining 500 or so I
still need to go through.

Enjoy

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.

Ha! there is a price to everything. It is a very economical universe. -
Uniwitold
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old August 6th 03, 02:10 AM
bugman

Dang, no pictures of me in my Flag with flames jersey. I came in just
after the lady in pic 099, and just before your daughters. I was really
motivated by those young girls. The testosterone in me just couldn't
let little girls on 20/16 inch wheels beet me! But, I didn't beat them
by much, and the were probably ready to do it again when it was over and
I was ready to die.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old August 6th 03, 02:27 AM
chirokid

Great pics UniBrier. How many people rode the 10K? Was it hilly? What
were the fastest and slowest times, any idea? --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old August 6th 03, 06:16 AM
Nathan Hoover

Nice pictures, but where are the captions? For those of us who couldn't make
it, it would be great to know who and what we're looking at.

Thanks,
Nathan

Old August 6th 03, 02:54 PM
UniBrier

It's going to take a bit to get them all up and captioned. I took over
800 pics so many will be bulk.

My high speed internet connection is from work and I have a six day
office backlog I'm trying to dig out of sumultaneously to uploading
pics.

Good news! I recovered my Monday pics from my camera's CF card so they
are lost no more!

Old August 6th 03, 03:11 PM
Animation

All,

I'm putting links to my web page (no captions sorry, its raw data) of my
NAUCC pics, and some of Chris' and my camera phone pics, in a few of the
images threads.

Grab them if you want them.

http://lwb.org/uni/images/naucc-2003/
http://lwb.org/uni/images/naucc-2003/cameraphone/

Lewis

--
Animation - Fear the Lurk-Bandit!

Lewis W Beard

Animation's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/615

Old August 7th 03, 06:03 PM
Ken Fuchs

I've put up some NAUCC pics at
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/NAUCC2003 . These are nested in
the UniBrier galleries.

Thanks for the pics! I especially liked the marathon pics of Charles
dribbling his basketball through the finish line, track coasting, and
the muni riding over that old pickup truck cab.

Steve: We had some fun on the official muni cross country route passing
each other! Hope to see you at the next convention.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs
Old August 7th 03, 08:26 PM
johnfoss

Thanks for posting the pics! Mine will be along eventually, but I didn't
take as many. I got some good video of the unicycle bowling though.

First place time in the 10k was 25 minutes and change, by Elijah Parker
from TCUC. He was followed two minutes later by Ryan Woessner, who was
followed about 10 seconds later by me, and then David Stone. I managed
to beat everyone except the fastest Norway riders!

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

Old August 7th 03, 08:49 PM
rhysling

johnfoss wrote:
* I managed to beat everyone except the fastest Norway riders! *

He looks unassuming, but I can attest -he's a fast old bugger.

From what I observed, Elija established his expansive lead on the first
leg a short way into the ride; he already had it when he passed me at
the jag by the pillar under the bridge (although how this is possible, I
don't know- it was only about 1/8th of the way into the race). I think
he must have put a good sprint on early; I wonder if John and the rest
of the front runners had done the same -and had something left in
reserve- if they would have been able to keep pace. John's return leg
seemed fast enough, to me.

John seemed strong in every venue I saw him compete in (MUni, Track,
etc). I think, even at his advanced years, if he weren't burdened by
stuff like -a job- and the like that he could be a contender.

-Christopher

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

There is no substitute for falling down, and no instructor quite as
thorough as pain.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain."
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Old August 11th 03, 08:17 PM
UniBrier

I have the rest of my stills up and some of the vids at
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/NAUCC2003 . The only vids
missing are flaming puck hockey which I am having trouble uploading, may
be the size.

Public Show. Be sure to check out the last pic.

Expert Pairs

Misc. Mostly pics after the public show.

I got Group Routines and Club Routines up last Friday after my prior
post. Be sure to check out Tepper and the kids in his group routine
starting at 513.

Sorry if I drive you crazy with volume. I have been uploading while
working and haven't had the time to edit and caption like I would have
liked.

I'll let you know if I get the flaming puck stuff up.

Enjoy,

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.

Ok, ya'll can resume your previous assignments, thanx. -C
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404