Thanks for NAUCC 2003!

Old August 8th 03, 02:20 AM
tadaniels

Default Thanks for NAUCC 2003!

Folks,

Let me add to what John Foss said by repeating some of the words I wrote
for the NAUCC 2003 program:

The spirit of our founding members lives on in the volunteers who give
generously of their time to run your Society. Nowhere is this spirit
stronger than in the members of the NAUCC 2003 Organizing Committee.
Please join us in giving sincere thanks to the following people who made
this wonderful event possible:

NAUCC 2003 Co-Directors: Cathy Anderson and Connie Cotter

Treasurer: Steve Shields
Facilities: Greg Muellerleile and Dana Schneider
Registration: Zata Vickers, Karen Schneider and Bill Schneider
Program: Joan Magnuson
Media: Sue Sheilds
Workshops: Colin Schworer
Ribbons and Medals: Sharon Weber
Information Packets: Ginny Steinhagen
Trophies: Roger Magnuson and Bill Gilbertson
Logo Designer: Greg Muellerleile
T-Shirt Designer: Kevin Gilbertson
Webmaster: Kevin Gilbertson
Concessions: Judy Witbeck
Hotels: Garrett Macey
Raffle: Kevin Gilbertson
Public Show: Dana Schneider
Final Party: Dana Schneider

Director of Artistic Events: Connie Cotter
Chief Judge: Connie Cotter
Standard Skill: Bill Gilbertson
Freestyle: Connie Cotter
Director of Racing: Dana Schneider
Racing Referee: Colin Schworer
MUni Director: Max Dingemans, with understudies Roger Magnuson, Gus
Dingemans and Dustin Kelm
Orienteering: Andy Cotter
10K Race: Karl Wigert
Basketball: Darrell Krentz and Jake Donahue
Hockey: Andy Cotter

Tom Daniels
President, Unicycling Society of America, Incorporated

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

Old August 8th 03, 02:55 AM
Tmornstar

Everybody that I talked with there at the NAUCC had a wonderful time.
Wonderful!!!! I'm still exhausted from the week of non-stop uni action.
I never imagined how much fun and how much I would learn in such a
short time. One thing was certainly affirmed, unicycle folks are
awesome! I enjoyed meeting new folks and finally meeting my e-friends
that I've made over the last year.

A special thank you to all who came and all who made this uni-party
happen.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old August 8th 03, 04:03 AM
rhysling

Hey, Tommy,

Tom Daniels just gave you a list of all the shoes you'll have to fill
for the 2004 NAUCC....

-Christopher

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

There is no substitute for falling down, and no instructor quite as
thorough as pain.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain."
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Old August 8th 03, 06:58 PM
bugman

Well, since I was the first back I should have posted a Thank You
thread. John did a much better job than I could have ever done.

I want to also say Thank You to all of you that helped to make the 2003
NAUCC such a great time for even a begginer like me. I was a lost sole
wondering in on Thursday morning and have to say I really had a great
time and found everything to be very well organized. I am originally
from MN and have to say that coming home to such a great event hosted by
such giving people was an incredible experience. Love Minn/St Paul. If
it wasn't so cold half the year I'd move back.

I would also like to say thanks to all the people that jumped in and
helped my wife as she was learning how to ride while I occupied my 2 1/2
year old daughter. I really like Unicycling People. Just good to be
around...

I look forward to hearing the announcement from the Memphis Club on the
dates for the 2004 convention in Memphis(or is this just wishful
thinking?)

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old August 8th 03, 10:48 PM
tadaniels

Bugman,

The location for NAUCC 2004 is wide open. We do not have any offers from
prospective hosts on the table at this time. Wood One Wheelers (WOW)
offered to host in Bowling Green, OH but they could only get the
facilities at a time that completely conflicted with UNICON 12 (July 23
- August 2, 2004).

The USA is, therefore, considering organizing NAUCC 2004. Several
individuals and groups I spoke with at NAUCC 2003 are currently
investigating potential venues. One advantage of our situation is that
we can look at potential locations independent of those areas that have
a large club.

Individuals and / or groups with specific ideas (and, preferably,
specific information on availability and costs of venues) are encouraged
to contact me as soon as possible.

Wath this forum, the USA Web site and future issues of On One Wheel for
more information on NAUCC 2004.

Old August 9th 03, 06:13 AM
harper

Thanks for the memories. Thanks to Gus for the spare spokes. I torqued
Blueshift so hard in the 10k that I broke one. Gus had me hooked up the
next day.

There were alot of things that ran smoothly with limited funds.
Minneapolis people power filled in the gaps. Thanks to an endless list
of contributors from only one of a larger list of benefactors.

Kelsey, your mom is SO cool!

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Are you OK???" - Just about anyone I've ever ridden with

Old August 11th 03, 02:38 PM
at1pe_uni

As always, the NAUCC experience was fun, heart warming and empowered us
to grow and rise to a new level in skill and as an individual. Connie,
Cathy, and all of those who contributed to organizing this wonderful
experience for all of us deserve our heart-felt thanks, accolades, and
best wishes. Connie and TCUC, you have always been Panther Prides'
inspiration, mentors and guiding light. Thank you for all that you have
done, over a period of many years, for the unicycling community.
"Have One Wheelly Wonderful Year",
Alan Tepper

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

Old August 11th 03, 03:55 PM
yoopers

We had an absolutely wonderful time the entire week of NAUCC. I'm sure
there were hiccups along the way but only from the perspective of the
organizers. From our perspective, it was extremely well organized and a
lot of fun.

Our fun started during the trip up to Minneapolis. As our home was only
three miles off the Drummond's trip route, John and Amy and family
stopped in for a respite, then we all caravaned up together. Our cars
and campers were all painted up with our destinations and intentions
which opened up quite a few conversation opportunities with other
travelers during our pit stops.

When we arrived in Minny, we parted ways with the Drummonds and headed
for the "Unknown Campground" (Lowry Grove RV Park). The campground was
only 10 minutes north of Augsburg but no native Minnyites seemed to have
heard of it. (It's on the corner of Stinson and Lowry behind Bremer
Bank, guys).

Both Augsburg and St. Thomas were beautiful facilities. Knowing how
difficult and expensive it is to land facilities, thanks to TCUC for the
great venue sites! Many more thanks to the crew for choosing two sites
within reach of a Starbucks. I know that was the first priority in
choosing the sites.

It was so great to see everyone again on Wednesday night. I heard more
than once during the week that these conventions are more like family
reunions than a convention. Now that this is our second convention, I
wholeheartedly agree! I especially enjoyed putting faces with newsgroup
names...Lewis, Chris, and Tommy, Steve DeKoekKoek, Nikki and so many
others. It was as if we'd first met long ago and were just getting
together again for another round of fun. The downspot of the week
though was Bill Gilbertson's garage fire. Our hearts and our prayers
went out for Bill and his loss.

We enjoyed the parade and weather in Centerville immensely. It was an
honor to ride with the independant group IN BACK OF THE WHITE VAN.
Let's just say that this unkempt group was "entertaining". Also, thanks
to Jerry Gruss for my pre-parade ride on his Penny-Farthing.

And then for the off road time in the woods...I rode in my first Muni
event to the delight of my wife and the chagrin of my body. Thanks to
my riding mates, Reed and Keith, for the challenge of just keeping up.
I managed to finish! I actually thought I had finished last but found
that I had vanquished two 6 year old girls who had briefly become lost
in the woods. That brought back some of the competitive fire in me
knowing that I actually had beaten two superior riders.

Another great time was the uphill and downhill slalom. We loved the
downhill wipeouts that almost put NASCAR to shame. But the best for Mom
and Dad, though, was watching Ben power all the way up the hill for both
of his official uphill runs. Way to go, Legs!

Again, the track and field venue was superb! I observed Dana Schneider
marching around the field with necessary authority keeping the events
moving. Thanks Dana for a great racing event.

The final party was great! Too bad I didn't have room for seconds on
strawberry shortcake. John Drummond and I had been itching over the
past year for a chance to do some pickin' and grinnin' together and we
were finally able to pull it off in a corner at the final party. John's
a durn tootin' good banjo player if you didn't get the chance to hear
him play. Maybe next time, we can gather up some more instrumentalists
for a great jam session.

All in all, sky-high kudos to the TCUC organizing team and the many
unknown others that enabled the rest of us to enjoy a fantastic week.
Mary and I and the boys are already looking forward to the next reunion.
Our encouragement goes to those who weren't able to be there this year
to make plans for 2004. See you there!

Brucetoad and the rest of the toadettes

--
yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old August 14th 03, 12:50 AM
KathySusanka

I would also like to say Thank you to Cathy and Connie and everyone
responsible for NAUCC 2003. We had a great time participating, watching,
meeting new friends and acquiring new unicycle shirts.

I rode my first ever 10k. Thank you all for the encouragement along the
way.

Thank you to everyone who took pictures and shared them by posting them
in the Gallery.

The event was wonderful and I hope to see everyone again soon.

Kathy

--
KathySusanka
KathySusanka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4309

Old August 14th 03, 02:19 AM
zod

The SouthEast would be nice next year (hint hint hint)

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)

iunicycle wrote:
*Putting it back in is harder than pulling it out*

zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631